NGD for a minute.

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Dumple Stilzkin, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Don’t be afraid to fart when you pee.

07F98FAF-88B5-4E3B-8493-E10B25A94EE9.jpeg Guitar Center used site find. Condition was listen as having a few scratches otherwise it was new. Talking to the salesperson on the phone he mentioned there was a small ding on the tip. Okay. No big deal. That’s the nature of V’s. I should’ve asked for a picture. Here’s what showed up today.
    1DE4B3C2-94A9-410E-8653-73F0D6140030.jpeg

It’s a considerable chunk. Plays really good, nice frets otherwise looks new. But for 750$ I think it’s going back unless they take give a considerable amount of a refund. ESP thin U neck is really nice.

Velokki, slan, StevenC and 4 others like this.
  2. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

What a bummer! Really cool guitar with a great finish.

3. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

OMFG...

4. Dumple Stilzkin

I know! It’s my first go at an ESP. I like it, minus the damage.

5. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Right? Well now at least you know you like it and just have to wait for another good deal to come along.

Try chatting Musiciansfriend or Sweetwater and asking for a deal... you could get 15-20% off with the right person.

6. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

so, legit question for you (and everybody who's dealt with similar stuff). some insight on these situations would be good.
    When you say "a considerable amount of a refund", how much are you thinking? or, rephrasing the question, what would be, roughly, the dollar value of a ding this size?

genuinely curious. i feel some people like pristine stuff and no amount would make them keep this, but for playing purposes it doesnt do much (if anything at all).

nevertheless, you paid for new/mint you should get new/mint no questions asked. Guitar is gorgeous. I wish the LTD version had the reverse headstock like the EII, but then again there would be very little reason to get the EII at all if that were the case lol.

7. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

If I really liked it I would hit it with some filler and black finish on that spot. Maybe GC could offer to finance that for you? Just an idea. Still sucks they called that a small ding, although I suppose it could have started out as a small ding that exploded during packing/shipping, which also sucks. Fuck. Sorry man.

8. Dumple Stilzkin

Personally I think at this point 100$ off. But, it probably won’t happen. That’s fine. I’m going to think on it. I’ve got until Wednesday to decide.

9. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

honestly i think 100 off is more than fair considering that if you return it they probably wont be able to sell it at all. also considering that it wasn't properly disclosed on the sale.

10. decoy205

decoy205 SS.org Regular

Always get pics from GC used. It is hard because the staff generally sucks and you’re lucky if they actually know what the guitar is half the time.

11. Dumple Stilzkin

True story. This isn’t my first buy from the used website. But the first that was really poorly described one. But they have a good return policy, so no big deal.

12. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

That really sucks. The finish is just SO FUCKING AWESOME it's making my decision in which will be my next guitar much more easy but my wallet and... well, my whole life is not happy with the decision. fuck.

13. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

Damn I almost bought that one. Glad I didn't.

14. Frostbite

Frostbite Periphery Shill

Yeah I've bought and returned a few guitars from GC and there's always something off with them. From something minor to no included trem bar (wasn't mentioned anywhere) to a Kiesel Vader that literally can't have it's high e locked down properly because the owner absolutely mangled the set screw hole and a massive chip out of the back that was photo'd no where. The fun one with the Kiesel was it was back up the next day for sale again, THEN showed up like a month later in Tennessee which 100% means they didn't fix the issue