NGD: First of 3 coming

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Bloody_Inferno, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:01 AM.

1. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Grabbed a few fiddles over the course of the last few months. The other 2 are coming once mods have been done.

[​IMG]

After buying a Korg RKS keytar a while back, I've been since hunting for a paddle style guitar for some time. Namely for reasons only Philip Bynoe can explain. Saw this old Hohner G2 for a cheap price and grabbed it from the usual pawn haunt.

Had to bring it to the tech since the state was completely unplayable. So readjusting the neck was a bit of an odyssey. At least the guitar was already modded with a string adapter so I don't need any double ball end strings. The 2 stock humbuckers were replaced with a Duncan and a Dimarzio, but I wanted a specific sound for this project. I wanted a H/P90 combo but with a classic 80s look. Ordered a pair of BKPs: a Supermassive in the neck and a Miracle Man in the bridge and away we go.

Unfortunately the R Trem isn't in the greatest condition. On floating mode, the guitar goes out of tune the moment you look at it from another room four score and seven years ago, let alone using it and praying to return to zero point. Setting it on hardtail will do for now. I'll have to do some more research about these. Either that or I'll just go to HeadlessUSA and buy a replacement bridge.

On the flip side, the guitar sounds really good. The BKPs fit so well. The Miracle Man gave the guitar some fangs, but I'm really impressed with the Supermassive. It's a modern voiced P90 but really sensitive to the tone knob, so you can go from warm jazzy sounds to the bite you get from single coils. And it's noiseless. This combo is new to me and I'm really having fun with it.

All this for a silly experiment. But that's inspiration for you. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM
  2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

If you like the supermassive you'll probably really like the stockholm set. They're even higher output but still clean up really well while delivering that delicious p90 snarl

3. Bloody_Inferno

I was deciding between the Supermassive and Stockholm for this. Opted for the Supermassive since it was the perfect medium between vintage and high output, whilst still sounding like a P90.

4. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Okay, a P90 and hum combibation. Any chance of a short video in wich we can hear them? I've been looking at a similar combo myself but it is near impossible to find a guitar with that combo

5. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood SS.org Regular

Wow! My favorite guitar is a Steinberger Synapse, so I am feelin' this. I put a 59/Custom Hybrid and Alnico II Pro in mine with a super 5 way switch.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  6. Bloody_Inferno

I haven't had the chance to do a short vid with this guitar, but I did do a crappy IG clip a while back when my Ibanez Halberd had the P90/H combo. Completely different pickups (SD Phat Cat/Wilde L500), but the same concept.

I'll see if I can muster something up soon.