NGD finally managed to grab one of these prestige models

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
2018 RG657-msk. I love the finish on these. Just arrived a couple of hours ago, some minor tweaks for my liking and it's shredding.
Minty clean and got it for a good price.
it came with an X2N in the bridge and a Breed in the neck. Interesting combo , don't hate it but we shall see, I've never used an X2N,
I am hoping I cam make this one of my main gigging guitars so I can save my USA Jackson soloists from road wear and tear as their value
just continues to climb I'd rather keep them as mint as possible and only break them out once in a while

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
That is a really nice guitar, but you can do way better than the X2N. It's probably my least favourite Dimarzio pickup, way too hot and spikey. Unless you want a super-high output pickup, in which case you might like it.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
That is a really nice guitar, but you can do way better than the X2N. It's probably my least favourite Dimarzio pickup, way too hot and spikey. Unless you want a super-high output pickup, in which case you might like it.
totally agree although I have it dialed down as low as I can get it and it actually sounds pretty good, much better than I expected, but I am pretty sure I am going to set my Charvel wildcard #4 back to stock (selling it) and take the Holydiver that's in that now and put it in here. the True velvet in the middle is a bit thin as well so the 1/4 pounder that's in the Charvel will probably go in here as well. the Breed in the neck is actually sounding really good so that will stay