NGD: ESP M-II w/ Duncans - Where for art thou...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This whole ordeal started because I was listening to old Bodom tracks and having Floyd/V GAS. Then as usual I remembered why I don't like V's (awkward sitting position, bad jack placement while sitting, bad balance due to strap pin location, etc) and sure enough was able to talk myself out of one just as easily as I was talked into it. So then I continued looking for a shredder since I still had Floyd GAS, and I looked to Jackson Soloists/Dinkys to try and cure them but the results were few and far between. Older OK models were fetching mid-triple digits, and the actual models I'd be interested in were going for low four figures which was too rich for this niche hole I'm filling.

Then this popped up while searching MGR's used library just based on "floating tremolo", and I snagged it immediately for the price. This one definitely has some dings, gouges, blemishes, although in places that aren't off-putting so cosmetically I'd say 7/10 even though I was expecting a 3/10 (it's always good to lower expectations, y'know?) and it's got character. Neck profile is just quintessential shred, it's loaded with a JB/Jazz I believe (even though it's usually paired with a '59) and I'm gonna give that a run before I immediately put this Distortion in it.

Only plans besides the pick up swap are to also throw a Tone Vise drop-tune on the low string so I can switch between D-standard and Drop C, other than that it's staying as is.

Oh snap, an Ibanez!
PXL_20221003_162021904-min.jpg

Trem bar included? Already better than getting a Jackson from @noodles
PXL_20221003_162052263-min.jpg

Uh, wait, what now?
PXL_20221003_162136656-min.jpg
PXL_20221003_162230547-min.jpg
PXL_20221003_162936078-min.jpg
PXL_20221003_163017332-min.jpg

Holy fuck
Holy fucking fuck
That body of yours is insane
PXL_20221003_162944639-min.jpg

Full glory, ESP M-II with Seymour Duncans. Not quite the Michael Romeo purple, but maybe some day after I give it some time with me as is.
PXL_20221003_162928692-min.jpg
PXL_20221003_163009214-min.jpg

mogar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
fuckin jelly. The last few times I've emailed a MusicGoRound, the rep always fed me the "we don't ship items within 90 days of listing" crap.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
wait, where did you find this again?

MusicGoRound inventory in Maryland.

fuckin jelly. The last few times I've emailed a MusicGoRound, the rep always fed me the "we don't ship items within 90 days of listing" crap.

Any used item has to clear 30 days before it can be listed in case it shows up on the police list of stolen items. I'm assuming I found it right after that ran up. It was buried towards the end of the used section, which is why I assume I got it for before anyone else saw it.

For those curious, it was under $1K even with shipping

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Awesome score on the guitar and the price, I’ve gotten a couple of really good deals with music go round a few times before in the past

Reactions: MFB

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sweet. Black superstrats are badass and I feel like mid 2000 standard series ESPs tend to be great, like they had some kind of quality peak there or something.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar! I'm dying for something like that with tons of mojo and ghosts in it.

Touch up that headstock with permanent marker

Careful with this, I did the same with a marker and it faded to an inky purple within days!

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very cool! M-II bolt-on with a maple fretboard is a dream level guitar, hope you're happy with it.

I wouldn't touch up the headstock, I would just play. People pay good money for relics, here you have some relicing for free :D

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Nice indeed. Needs some "Of Sins and Shadows" played on it immediately.

Honestly, I think this is going to be the one that busts me to actually get my chops into gear as it's THE guitar I identify with as my personal lead guitar hero; dollar for dollar, I don't think there's anyone writing leads like MJR, I'd give a close second to probably Loomis?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is going to be the one that busts me to actually get my chops into gear as it's THE guitar I identify with as my personal lead guitar hero; dollar for dollar, I don't think there's anyone writing leads like MJR, I'd give a close second to probably Loomis?
There's a few guys out there - Kiko is really kicking ass on the new Megadeth - but Mikey's as good as you're gonna find. He always makes it look so damn easy, too.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Score! That's awesome.. mine is one of my favorites, though it is currently in pieces with the body headed to Colorado. Mine has a Jazz in the neck as well, which is surprising since I thought it was a '59.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Score! That's awesome.. mine is one of my favorites, though it is currently in pieces with the body headed to Colorado. Mine has a Jazz in the neck as well, which is surprising since I thought it was a '59.

It's been a hot minute since I've played either honestly, all my current guitars are either stock passives or EMG loaded, but I know traditionally the Jazz is the one I've liked the sound of more. I'm a Duncan man through and through but the temptation to switch them out for the X2N/TZ combo is definitely there as well.