NGD! ESP EII MK1 Mille Petrozza V

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by RLG167, Feb 7, 2018.

1. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

Hey everyone, got an NGD for ya! ESP EII Mille Petrozza (kreator) signature MK1! Let me tell you my history with this guitar first, though, for some background. This particular guitar was at The Axe Palace in Walpole, MA (super cool guys there, check them out!) Anyways I went there in September of 2016 for a clinic with Devin Townsend and got to try this guitar. I absolutely loved it then, but didn't get it. Back in August of 2017 I took another trip to the Axe Palace and I was torn between getting this guitar and a new ENGL amp, I ended up getting the Engl as I needed a new head at the time more than another guitar. Last week I was talking to the owner, Nick, and he made me an offer on this guitar I couldn't refuse. He sent it out yesterday and it got to me today, perfectly in tune and set up as requested (13-56 w/ wound 3rd in C standard). Even though it's been more than a year since I first tried it it plays exactly how I remember! Now for the specs:
    3 piece Maple neck-through
    Alder body
    Ebony fretboard
    24.75" scale (what I liked about the guitar initially)
    Floyd Rose
    Gotoh locking tuners
    Fishman Fluence modern pickups w/ rechargeable battery pack
    The one thing about the guitar I didn't really like is the glow in the dark side dots, there's nothing outlining them so if you're playing in a lit area you can't actually see the side dots. I ended up just putting some electrical tape over them to see them better. Other than that, it's a great guitar! I'll post a couple pics below

https://flic.kr/p/Ev8UGD

https://flic.kr/p/24ajuTz

2. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Chugs and Sweeps

Congrats and HNGD!!!! Looks killer man.

RLG167 likes this.
  3. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

Thanks! Plays killer

Dawn of the Shred likes this.
  4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Very cool, congrats!!!

RLG167 likes this.
  5. exo

exo SS.org Regular

With that V and the ENGL.....if you aren't jamming out a little Kreator when you pick that thing up, something is wrong......LOL!

HNGD! This and the Schecter Abbath V are both guitars I would love to see out "in the wild" to play around with a bit.

RLG167 and Mathemagician like this.
  6. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

My band plays in C standard so I had them set it up for that tuning but of course I managed haha. Yeah, it's a killer guitar and the Fluence pickups sound awesome. They don't make the green finish anymore unfortunately but they make it in satin black now which is also cool. I know they make an LTD version too which I'm sure plays fine, but for me, nothing beats a Japanese built ESP.

exo likes this.
  7. DIM3S0UL

DIM3S0UL Dean Guitars

Great guitar man. Funny thing is, i saw a interview with Mille where he said that he put's glowing tape where the side dots are for live shows. That's the reason why he wanted glow in the dark side dots for his ESP.
    At least for me it's nice to see that some german players are getting signatures from big companys.

8. Alex79

Alex79 SS.org Regular

I know it's not really relevant to this thread, but IMO the last two Kreator albums where THE thrash metal albums of the last years.

9. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

The last one certainly was good, I had it as my go to work music for a few months. Previous one wasn't bad but production was iffy. (again)

10. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

I think Kreator has stayed awesome and relevant since their first album, which you can't say about a lot of bands (especially thrash bands) and I consistently like everything they release. Enemy of God I even consider to be one of the best albums of all time

wakjob likes this.
  11. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Thanks man, glad you dig the guitar and our service :)

RLG167 likes this.
  12. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

Always man, I'm glad to say I've bought my higher end gear from you and it's all been flawless.

zimbloth likes this.
  13. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

Bout time someone posted one of these. What a killer guitar dude!!

RLG167 and zimbloth like this.
  14. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

Thanks man, I love this thing and I was surprised that I didn't really see any NGD posts anywhere online

15. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Well that guitar isn't exactly suited to the general taste. As much a fan of ESP as I can be I'd rather have his Jackson.

16. RLG167

RLG167 SS.org Regular

It is sort of a huge guitar, biggest case I've ever owned too, barely fits in my car. I even called SKB to see if it would fit one of their form fit molded plastic V cases, this guitar is about 4" too big haha