NGD: ESP E-II Eclipse-7 Evertune

Lopp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The ESP E-II Eclipse-7 Evertune has arrived. Had it shipped to a Guitar Center a few blocks from me.

Unboxing:

ElJu2mB.jpg

UxiyunY.jpg

SejGvOd.jpg

oxb533w.jpg

(The Eclipse was also wrapped very nicely in the case, but I didn't get a shot of that wrapping).

Portrait:
g3USRMz.jpg

T5FzlhO.jpg

Living in its natural environment:
mIRcJuj.jpg

It is effectively my first seven string and was set up very nicely. The GC tech checked it over for me and he verified everything is up to par.

It pretty much plays smooth as warm butter, except for having Elixir Nanoweb Light 10 gauge strings, where I am used to Ernie Ball 9's, which made bending an effort.

The Evertune is pretty cool and will hopefully counteract the tuning, intonation, and string height effect of Chicago weather variations. Although, I currently have it set up for fast bending and subtle vibrato, which allows it to go sharp.

The Seymour Duncan Pegasus bridge pickup is good, but hotter than I am used to, having primarily played PRS HFS pickups. The hotness especially apparent for high gain tones boosted with a Tubescreamer, where they are extremely noisy unless I roll back the volume on the Eclipse.

The Ebony fingerboard may have been dyed to ensure it is extra black because my fingers had a little black on them after playing for a while. Although, I have never gotten a new guitar with an ebony fingerboard, so that may always be the case.

All-in-all, I am currently very happy with it.

Thank you for your guidance here at SevernString.

Last edited:

olejason

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That looks awesome, I love the headstock. ESP does dye the boards IIRC but shouldn't bleed on to your hands after it has been played awhile. I don't mind the dye, it makes the board look much better on a black body.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Congrats! The 8 string LTD version they made was always very tempting to me. Wish they still made it.

maximummetal288

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks sick! I had an MH-1000ET at one point but sold it because I wasn't 100% happy with the feel of the Evertune bridge, but I keep thinking about picking up one of these. I think I'd find the Evertune more useful on a 7 tuned to drop G versus a 6 tuned to standard. What do you have it tuned to?

Lopp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That looks awesome, I love the headstock. ESP does dye the boards IIRC but shouldn't bleed on to your hands after it has been played awhile. I don't mind the dye, it makes the board look much better on a black body.

Thanks for verifying they use dye. That makes sense about the dye and it indeed does make the board look a nice rich black to go with the black body.

Lopp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks sick! I had an MH-1000ET at one point but sold it because I wasn't 100% happy with the feel of the Evertune bridge, but I keep thinking about picking up one of these. I think I'd find the Evertune more useful on a 7 tuned to drop G versus a 6 tuned to standard. What do you have it tuned to?

Thanks. I have it tuned to standard B-E-A-D-G-b-e.

Regarding the feel, I didn't notice it that much in terms of affecting my playing having come from PRS bridges that I set flush. Then again, this is effectively my first 7, so I was probably more focused on getting used to the extra string, the fretboard, and other aspects of the guitar.

Quiet Coil

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
You try lowering the pickup? Should reduce the output and tighten up the bass a bit...

Quiet Coil

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Whoops, misread the end of your OP as looking for suggestions. Happy NGD!

77zark77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One of those will be part of my weaponry one day ! no doubt ! Congrats ! :)

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! I have the almost exactly same guitar without the Evertune. TOM bridge instead. Totally awesome.

Lopp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Whoops, misread the end of your OP as looking for suggestions. Happy NGD!

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into changing the pickup height. The big issue is just general noise, like the hum that is supposed to be bucked by a humbucker (and yes, I do not have the coil split). The height could affect it, but the extra noise is there even when I mute the strings with my hand.

Nice! I have the almost exactly same guitar without the Evertune. TOM bridge instead. Totally awesome.

Sweet! ET-II Eclipse-7 owners club. Members: 2 :cheers:

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with an E-II! I miss my ESP/LTD stuff but I haven't really found something that fills a gap at the moment.

Musiscience

Tarnished
Reaction score
Always liked the stealthy classy look of those. The Evertune is also such a cool piece of gear.

Happy NGD!

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into changing the pickup height. The big issue is just general noise, like the hum that is supposed to be bucked by a humbucker (and yes, I do not have the coil split). The height could affect it, but the extra noise is there even when I mute the strings with my hand.

Sweet! ET-II Eclipse-7 owners club. Members: 2 :cheers:
That's strange. I have a 6 and 7-string Pegasus/Sentient set and they are not noisy in the least. They are relatively low output in general. They are 'medium' output at best in my opinion. Perhaps there is a wiring issue?