NGD: EBMM BFR Cutlass Lime Green 19/40

thrashcomics

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember when these were announced a couple years ago. This and the Lemon one both went on my short list and when this thing popped up nearby I jumped on it. I was able to make a great deal on it and its great. The neck is a fair bit beefier than the Wizards on my RGs but very comfortable. The bridge is MM branded and comes stock with a pop-in arm and a brass block which is nice and after 20 some years of playing RGs this is the first floating bridge I have had that was not recessed, so it won't be needing the Tremol-No I had lying around. Overall this is one of the nicer instruments I have owned and if you want a quirky take on a JEM, be on the lookout for one of the 74 others out there.

On to the pics.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
Man EBMM is really getting liberal with that BFR designation. Not even a roasted flamey neck on that thing. Still a nice guitar though

thrashcomics

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man EBMM is really getting liberal with that BFR designation. Not even a roasted flamey neck on that thing. Still a nice guitar though
Yeah, I think they have extended it to just small batch custom runs in general. The neck is pretty flamey in person. Either way I just wanted an American made super strat and love neon.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they have extended it to just small batch custom runs in general. The neck is pretty flamey in person. Either way I just wanted an American made super strat and love neon.

Yeah they do a batch of different guitars quarterly, usually 4 different models in different finishes etc. These were flamed necks, they just varied wildly from guitar to guitar.

thrashcomics

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah they do a batch of different guitars quarterly, usually 4 different models in different finishes etc. These were flamed necks, they just varied wildly from guitar to guitar.
Yeah, they def use more eye catching flame elsewhere. I do think for these two it was a specific choice to match the JEMs/RG550s they are paying homage to.

DC23

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very cool! I'm an Ibanez player too but the Cutlass (in the charcoal sparkle or the dropped copper finish) is one I would try to grab right away to fill the more traditional Strat itch. The lime and lemon small batch runs are very fun!

thrashcomics

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very cool! I'm an Ibanez player too but the Cutlass (in the charcoal sparkle or the dropped copper finish) is one I would try to grab right away to fill the more traditional Strat itch. The lime and lemon small batch runs are very fun!
RGs are the guitars I have been in love with since day one and the two I own now will never leave my possession, but I fully endorse the Cutlass. Despite the color scheme this is NOTHING like a JEM.