NGD - Don't be jealous of your new little brother ! - Schecter sexiness content

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Valnob, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

Hey people,

Today, I bring you a new NGD,

There's a little story behind this guitar, and it involves my first trade ever here (and everywhere else :D ).

So, i've always wanted a Schecter blackjack solo 7 (limited ed) but I never found one (I saw one once but did not had the money :( ). And now that they're discountinued and that I already have a C-7, i though I should add a six string to my collection (my previous 6 is a Squier strat.... so... ).

I've always liked the solo shape so I knew I needed a Solo 6 atx someday.
    While I was browsing the classfieds sections, i found a thread from AdamOfAngels who was trading lots of guitars. And there was this Solo 6.
    Since I did like my RG1527 but not as much as my SLS C-7, I asked him to trade my RG1527 for his solo 6. He agreed, and then a week passed while I was running all around brussels to ask every guitarshops for boxes. I finally decided to build my own cardbox to fit my hardshell.

The 1527 arrived in the US in 5 days, but his package took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive.
    Thank you Belgium customs, you can suck my...

Funny story is that during the waiting time of the shipping, Adam told me that he sent me the wrong guitar. He sent the solo 6 to JPMike and I got his strat.
    So when I got the package I sent it directly to greece, and 6 days later, there it is !!
    I ain't even mad, yeah it took some time to get here but Adam and Mike are really nice guys to deal with !

TL;DR the guitar took time to arrive (trade involved) but i ain't mad because it's great ... and gorgeous !

Now that I finished my story, here's about the guitar itself.

Specs:
    Mahogany body and 3 pc Mahogany set neck
    Ebony board
    24X Jumbo frets
    Schecter locking tuners
    2 SD Blackouts (AHB-1)
    2 vol and 1 tone
    3 way switch
    Tonepros bridge (and yeah i like tonepros !)
    25"5 scale

I already have a SLS C-7 so I couldn't tell what was a famous schecter baseball bat neck (I tried a Loomis 7 one, and it has a massive neck, but I tried it for 5 minutes).
    And this Solo 6 has a really nice neck, bigger than a sls and rounder, but really nice ! I really like.
    The body I a bit larger that a SLS but comfortable.
    The fret access, is just enormous ! I have big hands, and here, I have no problem to access the 24th fret, it's as good as my sls.
    The only thing I regret is that it doesn't have a satin neck like my SLS because I tend to have sweaty hands (e.g on my xbox controller), and a satin neck doesn't make your hands sweaty, and here after 10 minutes of playing, I had to wipe my hands on my pants.
    Tonewise, the blackouts are nice, I prefer passive pups though.

And now... what you've waited for,.... the pics (excuse the iphone quality, but that's all i have) :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big brother is a little jealous of his new little brother because he will get a bit less playtime for the upcoming weeks !
    [​IMG]

Tesla, AkiraSpectrum, Daf57 and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

Great story. Adam is a good cat to trade with always nice stuff. Congrats & enjoy.

3. ridner

ridner Bastard of Thousands

sa-weet!~

4. FireInside

FireInside .Buried.Breathing.

Very nice!

5. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

I'm glad you like it, bub.

The moral of this story, if there is one, is that if you are going to pack two guitars in two identical boxes and not actually mail them out until the next day, mark them in some way so that you can tell them apart. :lol:

6. darren

darren Forum MVP

I'd love it if they did a Solo 7 with the reversed "regular" Schecter headstock (as seen on the Garza and Merrow signature models). That would look sweet.

7. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

It could be cool, but the solo headstock is also really nice.

8. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy! :)

9. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Melodic Smooth Solos

Congrats man!

10. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

Thanks ! The more I play it, the more I love it !

11. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

Okay, so now that i've played it a bit more, i can say that the secon I take my sls c-7, the neck feels massive (before I had the solo 6 I only played on 7 so i was normal for me !) but the c-7 makes me feel that what I play is easier on a 7 neck. The 6 string neck feels like I have a ukulele ! (what would it be if I had a 8 string !! :lol:

Weight wise, the SLS is a bit lighter but I don't mind heavy guitars.

I have more about the blackouts: I really like the fact that when you put your volume pot almost at 0 is sounds clear and then I put the vol all the way up and I have a big distortion sound (note: that here I play straight to my amp - no pedal). On a passive, I find it less significant.

Since the strings are like new, I won't change them soon, and they are thin, so I only tune in E standard and drop D (tried drop C# and sounded ok). But when I tried C Standard tuning, it was too muddy to really test the sound with that tuning (my favorite !).

If you have any question, i'm here !

12. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

looks sick!

13. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

It is !