NGD day (a week later, sue me)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by jski7, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

Very nice! I love that guitar & am GASing big time for it.

2. redufo

redufo Well-Known Member

Cool, nice to see another one.

I went crazy in early 2008 and went on a guitar buying spree and bought a few guitars one them was the Apex1, its worth every penny. I have a K7 to compare it too and both are great guitars. I'd really like to get a grey K7 in future and wonder how the Apex2 sounds.

I love the texture of the Apex1 its like the coolest guitar you ever played on.

3. noodleplugerine

noodleplugerine SS.org Regular

Looks gorgeous.

4. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

Nice guitar man. I like everything but the paint. I saw a pic of a used APEX1 where the back was peeled off the body almost the entire back. but otherwise nice guitar :):metal:

5. chaztrip

chaztrip Seeking not Found Contributor

Congrats man!!! I happen to like the inlay..... :hbang:

6. Korngod

Korngod i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i! Contributor

the inlay is badass, but i wonder how it would look with a bigger star instead, where the cancer sign is.

7. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

:yesway: Congrats! I love the Apex's and the K7's!:metal:

8. Coobanez

Coobanez SS.org Regular

Congrats!, I love the looks of that guitar, but not the price...oh well, :yesway: for NGD's!

9. RXTN

RXTN Seventh Son

I almost buyed this one too, looks sickly bad-ass. The inlay could be read as 69 too :D

10. jski7

jski7 SS.org Regular

Actually, I kinda believe this. I found what appeared to be polishing compound buildup (on a satin/cracked finish? WTF?) in the input jack recess. How did I find it, you ask? I plugged in to tune her up, grazed the inside with the plug tip and presto! Instant fucking paint removal :squint:. So, I did what we'd all do, grabbed a toothpick and went to probing and scraping around in there. I removed a fair amount of paint that appeared to be on top of a white powdery substance (yes, I'm sure it wasn't coke or WMD). The only thing I could associate it with would be compound residue. Didn't look like sanding dust because it wasn't brown like mahogany. Could be wood sealer dust from when they sealed/sanded prior to painting. I don't know:scratch:. On a related note, I have chipped the back edge with the case rail too:wallbash:. It was a fairly nice impact and minimal paint was removed, so it does seem fairly durable. All is well though, I used automotive flat black to touch it up (both the input jack and the case dings), lightly polished to a satin that matched the sheen of the rest of the finish, and BOOM! Blemishes are gone, completely untraceable. Try doing that on a shiny black guitar.:yesway:

11. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

Congrats, I wish that was the inlay on the hardtail model, those Apex guitars are one of my favourite in the current lineup. :yesway: