NGD: D'Avanzo 1954 Model

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by shadowlife, May 17, 2019.

1. shadowlife

shadowlife Contributor

Back in December I got a custom 1981 model from Mike, and the quality was impeccable. Since I'm a Strat guy at heart and Mike had this one for sale, I finally couldn't resist :D

[​IMG]

Since Mike is 10x the photographer I am, here's a pic from his site, and a link to more pics and the full specs:

[​IMG]

http://davanzoguitars.com/da034

This has Mike's thicker neck carve, and I definitely prefer it over his thinner one. Neither is uncomfortable, this one just feels "right".
    The DiMarzio True Velvet pickups are incredible- beautiful sounding from clean to mean, and the Injector in the bridge pickup is a perfect compliment.
    This is one of the most resonant guitars I've ever played. I just don't want to put it down once I start playing.

Mike is not currently offering this model, if he was I'd probably be considering another one with a few tweaks.
    Here's a pic with my 1981 model:

[​IMG]

I can't recommend Mike's work highly enough. He's currently offering 2 models, and if you're looking for a custom guitar, definitely consider D'Avanzo.

2. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

looks really good! congrats!

shadowlife likes this.
  3. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Love, love love, LOVE.

shadowlife likes this.