NGD - Daemoness Cimmerian

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by frogman81, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

welp, the thread has reached black Friday level suggestions. I sincerely hope Dylan shows up soon.

Blytheryn and Merrekof like this.
  2. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Dylan's post about the current situation is now up in the Daemoness Thread in Dealars and Group Buys section.

3. NickBen

NickBen SS.org Regular

FYI - I've just reached out via email and noted my overall concern with the situation. As someone with 2 deposits down, my patience is beginning to run dry on this, as it will be 48 months this fall since my initial deposit was placed and my build has yet to commence. I've asked him to provide a plan for moving forward, i.e. refund or some options for those of us who are well passed the quoted wait time. I'll follow up if I get any response, but hopefully he can come up with a solution / options for those of us that want continue or those that would like to receive a refund and move on.

EDIT - just saw the post in the Dealers section...glad to see he's offering a plan moving forward.

4. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

i m really happy to see that he is addressing the matter seriously, admitting the delays and offering refunds to those that can't wait.

Seabeast2000 and mbardu like this.
  5. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

So the order book has been closed, no more (or extremely rare) custom guitars from here on out, anyone who wants a refund has the option to do so.

Sounds like the best possible outcome to me. Fair play.

6. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Good on Dylz. I hope that everyone here can find a solution to their situation.

7. Bettershredthandead

Bettershredthandead Shredding 'till dead

Just read the post. I've been waiting for 5 years. Only to have to make another decision. Truthfully, the cost of paying 5k USD for a guitar, albeit custom spec'ed to a tee and with an artistic concept of my choosing, is just a little too much for this guy to really shell out for an axe. Not necessarily that I can't but is it really worth it? I mean, I don't even really know how the Daemoness Cimmerian even feels in the hands. I've heard it described as 'other worldy' but quite frankly I've come to realize that the feel and sound of guitars like Jackson and Ibanez are more than satisfying for my metal playing needs. There's a part of me that feels its time to just pick up that Caparison I always wanted instead.

Change my mind.

8. Blytheryn

Because you can buy a Caparison any day of the year. On the other hand, if you didn’t want to pay 5k for a guitar, you should have never gotten on the wait list.

Some people like blinged out shit, some people play Epi Les Paul Specials and think that’s fine.

Kovah likes this.
  9. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

I wonder how long it will take him to finish the remaining customs? I'd definitely be interested in trying out a stock build when those eventually materialize.

Blytheryn likes this.
  10. Bettershredthandead

Well, keep in mind I was quoted differently for a price back in 2015. Not 5k. I felt given what I've seen from Dylan's shop and based on what I wanted, the price of about 3700 USD would have been fine. Then things changed...

Honestly, its not the bling that is the most important factor here per se. Rather, its more like an icing on the cake. I am way more concerned these days of how it would sound and feel. The sound clips of what Dylan provided in the past were fine as well as other players on youtube. But then how does it all translate to your actual hands? And then of course the feel with the ergonomics and all that. THAT is where I'm at these days. I don't necessarily need my concept design anymore, especially if its gonna cost me a total of 5k when its all said and done in addition to not knowing how its exactly going to all translate when I start playing it.

Also, wants, desires, and attitudes can change ALOT in 5 years in regards to what a player values.

11. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

You will need to talk to him to confirm, but my guess is that all those guys with downpayments put on 2016 and had their woods bought will most likely be in the next batch, so an extra year of wait or two for you but you are the closest to ever getting a Daemoness so maybe you should think about. For all the rest of us that put money later, I think refund is the only way unless people are ok to wait 3-4 years more.

Now I m not sure how the guitar plays (I ve heard mixed reviews in terms of playability). Given the money asked is much more the original quote, it's up to your patience if you really want to go all the way..

12. Blytheryn

Understandable. I don’t have a Cimmerian, but my Chronicler plays and feels extremely good. I’m not super into ergonomics or feel, because I could simply play anything and not really care, but it’s fast, shreddy and comfortable while keeping a Les Paul’s character.

13. Bettershredthandead

That's the thing: just HOW much longer is it going to take exactly? The times are a bit precarious these days after all. Also, compound that with the pricing changes and well, you see where I am at.

What would save the day so to speak is trying one out in hand.

14. Blytheryn

You can change it all up until the day your build starts.

15. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

i know it must be frustrating. So if i was in your shoes, given that you are in the list since 2015, i would have waited as there are sunk costs involved and also a refund would be more difficult legally. The price hike is also vital though. I don' know it s a difficult decision

Bettershredthandead likes this.
  16. Bettershredthandead

True, and believe me it changed alot from the get go. Went from a V to a Cimmerian after about 2 years waiting. Now the custom art idea has changed.

17. Blytheryn

I can relate. I went from a Valkenbyrd to a Hadian to an Ironbird. I mean given the wait time it’s good you didn’t get started on something you’d didn’t really want.

18. Bettershredthandead

Exactly. I was denied refund before and because of that went straight on with it and even paid the requested deposit for timber last year. Barnes said something like the build would begin right after that timber payment but I am unsure till this day if it really ever did.

19. Bettershredthandead

Right. I only realize now that I am pretty much a super strat player. The fickle nature of guitar buying and tastes...

20. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

You don't buy a Daemoness for the "otherworldly" feel. You buy it for the looks, uniqueness and art. maybe some fancy specs that you like.
    As a matter of fact, you don't buy a guitar, let's say roughly over ~2k new (or ~1/1.5k used) if you are only interested in how it plays and even how it sounds. For those budgets, rare exceptions aside, you should be able get a guitar that feels however you want, dialed in by a competent luthier to your liking (if needed and you can't do it yourself) in pretty much any style or category. As long as you have good base woods and construction, good frets, good electronics and hardware, you'll be good. An ESP Custom Shop or PRS Private Stock is not going to play or sound "better" in a blind test.
    Yet people buy expensive guitars everyday so it's just a matter of whether or not you value the extras enough for the $$.
    There are maybe some exceptions that can feel different- super boutique stuff, or something like a Parker, or even an Aristides arguably. But those are not the types of guitar Daemoness (or ESP Custom / PRS PS / Jackson CS etc either for that matter) produces.

Merrekof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.