NGD - Daemoness Cimmerian

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by frogman81, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

The spec sheet has the address and the VAT number which is valid. I don't think many people have his phone number. I guess you need to know him personally to have it. I don't think there is a business dedicated number

Sermo Lupi likes this.
  2. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

I have the address also, and I've visited the workshop before.

Point is, I can't find any limited company. In the UK, a limited company has a registered address which you would use for official mail purposes.

No invoice. No official receipt of payment either.

You get a quote sheet with your guitar specs. Then transfer £600 by bank transfer to a Santander account named (D T O Humphries), which I can only presume is Dylan's personal account and not a business account. Then I got an email saying they confirm the receipt of the £600.

And yes, I'm hoping for that sort of update too, but not holding my breath. My expectations are pretty low unfortunately.

Thanks. I will start by emailing the official email address which I have been provided - the one on my quotation sheet and the one on their website. I know there's also a gmail address, but nobody has officially told me that, so I shouldn't be expected to be searching web forums to track him down.

And yes, I'd look to send regular emails until getting a response. I always keep emails, and that includes the confirmation of £600 payment for my build etc.

I could also write a letter. But I would have to write to the workshop, rather than any official business address (which is where official HMRC notices etc would go).

There's no phone number for their workshop, and I don't have his personal mobile number. Email is the only way I have to reach him. By all accounts, dude simply doesn't respond. But I will go through the process anyway.

mehegama likes this.
  3. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

To be clear, the difference between Dylan and Daemoness is not meaningful in this context. You'd be suing Dylan as an individual with whom you've done business.

The invoice and receipt process sounds fine to me, just a bit low-tech. A receipt on letterhead is probably better for him in the future. Using a personal bank account is perfectly suitable as well. These are typical small business practices rather than red flags, aside from the fact Dylan is apparently really hard to get a hold of. That's not professional or acceptable.

As for how you ought to contact him, I sympathise with your frustration but I would strongly recommend you use every available avenue to establish a line of communication. Don't refuse to use the updated email address just because it isn't on the website and you feel it was unfair to find it on these message boards. The point is that you have that email address now, which other users have saved you the headache of finding on your own. You should ask IbanezDaemon for Dylan's phone number privately as well.

As I said in my other post, you really don't want to sue someone. For your sake as well as theirs. Path of least resistance and all that.

If I were you, I'd send a friendly but firm email requesting a refund to all known contact addresses, and try to text Dylan or have IbanezDaemon text him for you. Wait a week. If he doesn't get back to you, write a Letter Before Claim and send it by email and by post to his workshop and follow the remainder of the claim process I outlined previously.

The goal is to get your money back, not to cause either party further aggravation. Take the money and run. It's the best you can hope for if you want out.

4. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

I just gotta say, it sucks to see things going this way with Daemoness.
    Not an ounce of blame for anyone looking to take action, but just that it was such a cool brand and he was doing amazing work and not just... ya know... Decibel.

mehegama and Flappydoodle like this.
  5. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Shouldn't have come back to this thread after re-reading the BRJ thread, jesus this thread reads in a whole different light after that.

Ataraxia2320 and twguitar like this.
  6. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

As I m not super familiar with the details of whst happened with BRJ, Do you think that’s where this is going?

7. Vyn

I don't think it's going the way of BRJ however fuck me there's a few of the same lines being said. I have hope that Dylan is less of a shit human than BRJ.

Ataraxia2320 likes this.
  8. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

I agree but as with the case of BRJ, it is so easy for a shop to go from a prestigious place to nothing is just few months time. By the way can you point me to the BRJ thread? I m curious to get more details about that fiasco.

9. Vyn

Flappydoodle likes this.
  10. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

11. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Damn.. the similarities are uncanny.. the way things developed and how people reacted initially in the delays, being defensive, are almost identical. In the end of the day it is simple maths. If the business model does not work, it will reach a point of collapse.. I really really hope this is not the same situation.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  12. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Eh, Bernie was a hot head, poor businessman (drove BCR into the ground, twice!), and scammer before the Black Friday debacle.

The situation then and now are quite different...for the time being at least.

Unfortunately, extended time frames and poor communication are something of a hallmark of small builders, even in the internet age.

Not excusing Dylan's conduct, but Bernie literally went out to scam people.

StevenC, oracles, feraledge and 3 others like this.
  13. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

I agree. I m not saying it s the same situation or Dylan is like Bernie. Was talking about the evolution of the thread.

14. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

that being the case we’ve been here so many times.

15. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

The similarities are uncanny... the lack of metal. the non-cylindrical shape.. no raviolis inside.

StevenC likes this.
  16. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Yep. Then you have those guys who buy all the spots they can and sell 'm at a huge profit afterwards. Remember Dave Mustaine's gear unloading earlier this year?

My best idea is Dylan to have a deposit free waiting list. And deposits are being paid when he contacts you ands says "your build is up in the next batch. I need your final specs and money"
    If the first person on the list lost his or her interest or cash, go on to the next on the list. This seems like the most viable business model to me.

17. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Yes that sounds good as well, however it does not solve the situation with people currently having to wait double the time quoted initially. Regarding the selling spots thing, I explained i did not mean it in a profiteering way. Meant it more like moving people forward, while refunding those wanting out. It will make the wait slightly less for people who don't mind the wait and also people who cannot or do not want to wait for an extra 3 year, can get their money back and keep no hard feelings.

18. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

when you get through with brj black friday, read the vik thread...

Masoo2, StevenC, Ataraxia2320 and 4 others like this.
  19. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Deja vu? hopefully not! I really want my Cimmerian but my confidence levels that this ever happening, is 0. Note that he was suposed to post a lengthy statement last week..

Flappydoodle likes this.
  20. Dyingsea

Dyingsea SS.org Regular

Unfortunately it seems to be an an all too recurring thing with popular SS.org luthiers and luthiers directly involved with the forum. There are so many it's not just BRJ and Vik threads. In fact I can't think of a single luthier who seems to have maintained any longevity here minus a couple/few years then heads out to sea it seems and not on a positive note.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.