NGD: cheap guitar for the office

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by ncfiala, May 2, 2014.

1. ncfiala

ncfiala Silence you bastard

I ordered a Dean VNXM7 to keep at the office for noodling. UPS guy just delivered it. It's actually not too bad for a $190 guitar. I think they might have sent me a slightly different model though since the headstock looks slightly different. I don't really even care. My Japanese chins are having no part of this cheapo guitar though. You can see them eyeing the Carvins on the other side of the room.

[​IMG]

Shawn and mnemonic like this.
  2. ErkerAsylum

ErkerAsylum SS.org Regular

Looks like a decent grab for less than $200. you're absolutely right though, your dogs do not seem to keen on it haha. The one closest looks concerned more than anything lol

3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Deans: Even dogs don't like 'em.

:lol:

I think I'm gonna get one of those for the same reason.

4. ncfiala

ncfiala Silence you bastard

This thing isn't too bad. The 3-way switch is already giving me some problems, but it's mainly gonna be played unplugged anyway. I made some truss rod and bridge adjustments and lowered the action but I can't get it all that low without a lot of buzz. I think I might reshape the headstock into something a little less hideous and then strip all of the finish off the body and headstock and see how it would look natural. If I screw it up who cares. It's actually kind of liberating having a guitar I don't give a shit about.