NGD: Betcha' haven't seen this one before: the KM-7!!

TraE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So, after a rough 2+ months of waiting for this guitar, I finally picked it up from my local GC. The tech (who surprisingly is very knowledgeable and friendly) told me I should wait to have it set up as the guitar needs some time to acclimate as it just got off the shipping truck today. With that being said, the set up isn't perfect, but it's actually really not bad. The neck profile itself probably is one of the nicest, if not the nicest neck I've played on. To compare it to the RGD2127z I had previously, it definitely is a bit thicker but is by no means a fat neck. It still feels thin but just enough wood to really grab on to for heavy bends. The satin finish on the back of the neck is really awesome, and I don't feel that it impedes my playing in the way that a glossy neck does. As for the sound, this guitar blows every guitar I've owned out of the water. I've owned guitars with EMG 81/60, EMG HZ, D-activators, and stock 2127z pickups (which, to be fair, are not known to be spectacular). The nazgul has that 'hot' feel to it that EMG fanboys love, but they're so clear and dynamic you can easily tell they're something on a whole different level. First guitar I've had with Duncans, and I have to say, I'm genuinely impressed. I had a 26.5" scale length guitar previously (2127z), so there wasn't much need to adapt in that regard. The finish is near perfect, however the finish around the routing for the pickups isn't 100%.. but I wasn't really expecting it to be. It's not bad enough to really even be noticeable, unless it's pointed out. Overall I'm super glad I went with the white because it really is just something else when seen in person. All the pictures I saw of the guitar before I laid my own two eyes on it didn't do it justice. It was worth every bit of the wait and if you're considering buying one just stop considering and do it!

UPDATE: After playing with it some more I keep getting this LOUD high pitched shrill feedback noise when I have my left hand at certain spots on the fretboard (just hovering over strings/muting) even with my right hand muting the strings at the bridge as well. I don't know what to do to remedy the issue.. I've never had this problem with any other guitar I've owned. Also, I have a fretwrap behind the nut.

UPDATE 2: I replaced the low E intonation screw with a longer one I received from Schecter and it resolved the issue.

Attachments

• 20140513_140431.jpg
    20140513_140431.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 20140513_140555.jpg
    20140513_140555.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 230

SonicBlur

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was originally planning for the Trans White like yours but broke down and got the Trans Black from a member on this site....whenever I see the Trans White I second guess my decision a bit....either way, these KM-7s are EASILY my favorite guitar! I've got a lot of other guitars but I only play this one.

JustinG60

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
nice!!! if it didn't have a compound radius i would own one, i like my fretboards flat! (i play a 20" radius)

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! Mine is waiting for me 4,000 miles away..

Did schecter include the screw with the guitar or did you have to phone a friend?

Zerox8610

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
nice!!! if it didn't have a compound radius i would own one, i like my fretboards flat! (i play a 20" radius)

Honestly I'm used to 17" from Ibanez, but I don't notice the 12" to 16" on my KM7.

And yes OP, I was pleasantly surprised by the pickups :) The Nazgul and Sentient combo is my favorite 7 string set so far.

Stuck_in_a_dream

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
White one>Black one :hbang:

HNGD!

Totally agree, and this is nitpicking of course. The black flame looks somehow static, while the white one looks more sophisticated :D

I thought by now I would have been fed up looking at yet another KM-7 but that didn't happen, the GAS is just causing more pressure I'm bursting at the seams :D

TraE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! Mine is waiting for me 4,000 miles away..

Did schecter include the screw with the guitar or did you have to phone a friend?
I contacted the tech beforehand at [email protected]. However, I found out that it wasn't actually the screw causing the noise. I have a 6505+ 112 combo and after doing research hot pickups such as those in this guitar + hot tube amp without a noise gate = noisy as hell. When I thought the problem was 'solved' it was just because my amp was on a low volume. I found that out the next day when I tried cranking it up to 3 (lol). I picked up an ISP decimator II from GC today and now am able to play the guitar without noise. Definitely worth the money!