NGD: Bernie Rico BFR Piezo 828

Jexey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow! A lot more feedback than I expected. Thanks guys!! Yeah, with the Piezo I wanted something a little classy. No splatter paint or in your face bursts or anything (Not that there is anything wrong with that, just not the time or place for this guitar).

The dye job definitely doesn't look like shit. I appreciate your input but, no. What you'd be referring to is a displeasure in the way that the guitar is sanded back after the dye job. There are some spots that may have been sanded too far, hell if I know, but it just makes the finish even more interesting to look at. It's definitely the effect I was looking for, and it's fairly deep in person. It also contrasts beautifully with, what I would consider, some of the best looking mahogany I've seen for the back / body.

I don't understand the different color switches, true, but if really begins to bother me I can simply swap them out. Some people do this immediately with their own hardware anyway - no worries.

I'll try to post a clip sometime within the next millennia. Hopefully sooner than later so I'm not necro-bumping this thread.

HRC51

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks massive. Glad to hear a positive review.

Still waiting for mine.

decoy205

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dig it man. Glad you got it and time for some clips!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand the different color switches, true, but if really begins to bother me I can simply swap them out. Some people do this immediately with their own hardware anyway - no worries.

The chrome one is probably the one that comes with the ghost system - i've got two ghost systems and both have chrome switch pre-wired.

Awesome looking guitar!

Jexey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks! Clips are challenging, don't really have the gear for it. I got deployed again but when I get back in a couple weeks I'll give recording another shot.

Reaction score
Very nice guitar there :) Congrats and enjoy

Why is the neck pup slanted? What does the slant towards the low end do for tone in the neck?