NGD: Bernie Rico BFR Piezo 828

Jexey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hellur.

This is the NGD for my Bernie Rico, Black Friday run, 27 inch scale Hesperian-828. This guitar was ordered when I was in diapers. Now that I'm all grown up I'm excited to finally show it off.

The guitar rocks a beautiful Denim Blue Jean stain. It was a knee jerk thing I did when I saw a Mayones with it I believe; I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Like everyone says, always...pictures don't do it justice.

The body is Mahogany, top is Flame Maple, Neck is Maple, and Fingerboard is Ebony.

Pups today will be a nice set of super hot Aftermath 8's. We installed two volume switches, a three way switch between the two, a kill switch (flat black switch) and a piezo switch.

Why yes, we put a piezo in the hipshot bridge. It sounds AWESOME. I'm so happy with the warm acoustic tones I get out of it; this is the way to go for cleans. It's the only piezo-equipped 8 I've ever seen in person and I'm shocked that nobody else does this.

No flaws here, fellas / ladies. I couldn't find anything worth mentioning. Guitar is super light, super ergonomic, bends and vibratos are as easy as one of my sixes. It blasts my Rg2228 away. The best way I can describe this guitar is that it's a sonic weapon: It is almost annoyingly responsive, acoustically bright, effortless to play (action is incredibly low), and unforgiving. If I do something weird I hear it immediately. Percussive and soulful players would love this thing.

No clips today; I just don't have the recording set up to show this megalomonster off. Enjoy the shatty pictures!

View attachment 34458

View attachment 34459

View attachment 34460

View attachment 34461

View attachment 34462

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
dyyn5h.jpg

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Sweet! Haters will hate, but when you see pics like these, it's no wonder so many people are still interested in his guitars :D

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Guitar looks gorgeous... but he couldn't manage to install two of the same switch model? They're different colors and they dont even have the same style bat. What gives?

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet, looks awesome.

Makes the wait for mine even harder.

Congrats on a flawless BRJ.
Now stop reading and go play that megalomonster !!

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
WOOOW, say what?! Big time piezo-lover right here and that seems like the perfect guitar to put it on :D Absolutely a versatile instrument and it looks stunning!