NGD: Aristides Galaxy Sparkle (Out of This World...)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by rifftrauma, May 7, 2018.

1. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

2. Restarted

Restarted SS.org Regular

Love it! Happy NGD!

rifftrauma likes this.
  3. Dcm81

Dcm81 SS.org Regular

Wow! It's like looking through the fuckin Hubble telescope or something.......that finish is certifiably insane!!

rifftrauma likes this.
  4. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

stunning finish, HNGD

rifftrauma likes this.
  5. Ben Pinkus

Ben Pinkus SS.org Regular

HNGD!

I have massive GAS for one of these atm, and seeing this (and gigging with Novelists last week) has not helped my gass at all.

rifftrauma likes this.
  6. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

That is awesome, congrats man!

rifftrauma likes this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Sweet Jebus, that's cool.

rifftrauma likes this.
  8. yuri_1973

yuri_1973 Romantic Shredder

holy moly !! congrats, that finish is amazing

rifftrauma likes this.
  9. Velokki

Velokki GAS station

Woah. Any chance you'd do a little Full HD or 4K video of that finish, with the camera moving? So one could better understand how the finish really looks in real life. A friend had custom shop Comet Sparkle drums, and they didn't look all that great in pictures, but live they were HYPNOTIC.

rifftrauma likes this.
  10. musicman61554

musicman61554 SS.org Regular

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I am a huge fan of that finish. Ive been wanting one of these bad boys for quite some time.

rifftrauma likes this.
  11. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time... Contributor

I probably will not be able to get any HD video of it for a while. Check out Aristides Instagram or Arium Addicts on Facebook though. Pascal is always taking vids and putting out high quality pictures. I'm almost positive he's got some vids of galactic sparkles on facebook from the factory.

12. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

Nice man that finish is unreal. And coincidentally I have my very first Aristides being delivered to me today. Really excited.

rifftrauma likes this.
  13. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Thankfully they've had Paul film a quick clip of it on a previous build with the same color. It's insane in person, extremely vibrant. My roommate has a Holoflake Fender Custom Shop Strat and it pales in comparison.

I went to NAMM and got to see my Buddy Kasey's on display and it blew me away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've been considering it on one of my next two builds ever since NAMM, just gotta think of specs around it.

14. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

JESUS this is the greatest finish of all time. I need one of these in my life.

15. Restarted

Restarted SS.org Regular

That video holy shit bruh

Velokki likes this.
  16. rifftrauma

I've got a strat coming and I'm glad I chose the finish on it before this one came in. What is there post galaxy? I'm considering having them build me a 7 string version, pretty much same specs, maybe different pickups. There's also the 060 Purple/Red Chameleon Marble they made about a year ago, fucking killer finish, would look amazing in a burst.

17. Restarted

Restarted SS.org Regular

If you're going for another build, might as well get another finish. All their finishes are insane and I feel it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same finish again, even if it's that good.
    Before I placed my order, I was torn between Teal Marble Satin, Ruby Red Marble Satin, Blue/Purple Chameleon, Gold Marble Satin, DGS Marble Satin, and the Red/Purple Chameleon. It took me around an hour and a half to write the email to place the order, where I kept changing between teal and ruby marble. Ended up with teal.

18. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Haha my current pair is Silverburst Sparkle on my 060 and Red Purple Chameleon on my 070. My next two will have a sparkle and marble color, or both will be sparkle and on will be Galaxy. But I agree with restarted, get some variety or put in a bit extra money and get something custom made! I'm slowly making my other guitars obsolete as I get more Aristides, the weather conditions in Maryland can be rough and it showed on a few of my wood guitars with the dry cold we had. If you're comfortable with the neck shape and body + what you can order it's hard to beat the Aristides if you go through waning weather like I do now.

I played this exact one at NAMM and I can't get enough of the finish, I can understand wanting another guitar with the same but I have to resist.

19. rifftrauma

I'm very partial to teal marble, I ended up changing mine from grey marble to teal at the last minute :hbang:. On my first 060 build I originally emailed Pascal asking if he could do a sparkle based off a Parker fly I had seen online. Basically a black variant on their rainbow sparkle. I think they were still experimenting with the galaxy finish when I had asked so the option wasn't on the table. Lo and behold about 6 months later the first one pops up.

[​IMG]

Your silverburst sparkle is one of the best I've ever seen. I actually remember showing the instagram pictures to my wife and telling her that I have never dug silverburst until seeing yours. I was torn between the purple sparkle burst and Deep Sky Blue Sparkle Burst on the strat. Ended up going with Deep Sky. I'm very interested in the color injected models they're going to start producing after the summer, could cut a lot of the wait time down. Depending on how much time I may go with a bare bones 7. I really want to see if Rodney will do a PRS style fade with a sparkle finish. Like a sparkle Beach Fade would be incredible, that may override the color injected model.

Start so far, black burst incoming...
    [​IMG]

Jonathan20022 likes this.
  20. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

That's a pretty cool finish but I think you guys are overreacting a bit. ^^