NGD: Aristides Galaxy Sparkle (Out of This World...)

Ben Pinkus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
HNGD!

I have massive GAS for one of these atm, and seeing this (and gigging with Novelists last week) has not helped my gass at all.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Woah. Any chance you'd do a little Full HD or 4K video of that finish, with the camera moving? So one could better understand how the finish really looks in real life. A friend had custom shop Comet Sparkle drums, and they didn't look all that great in pictures, but live they were HYPNOTIC.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Woah. Any chance you'd do a little Full HD or 4K video of that finish, with the camera moving? So one could better understand how the finish really looks in real life. A friend had custom shop Comet Sparkle drums, and they didn't look all that great in pictures, but live they were HYPNOTIC.

I probably will not be able to get any HD video of it for a while. Check out Aristides Instagram or Arium Addicts on Facebook though. Pascal is always taking vids and putting out high quality pictures. I'm almost positive he's got some vids of galactic sparkles on facebook from the factory.

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Nice man that finish is unreal. And coincidentally I have my very first Aristides being delivered to me today. Really excited.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Thankfully they've had Paul film a quick clip of it on a previous build with the same color. It's insane in person, extremely vibrant. My roommate has a Holoflake Fender Custom Shop Strat and it pales in comparison.

I went to NAMM and got to see my Buddy Kasey's on display and it blew me away.

namm2018_day2_aristides03.jpg

27501092_10160000063540013_8178174157670254483_o.jpg

I've been considering it on one of my next two builds ever since NAMM, just gotta think of specs around it.

Avedas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
JESUS this is the greatest finish of all time. I need one of these in my life.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Thankfully they've had Paul film a quick clip of it on a previous build with the same color. It's insane in person, extremely vibrant. My roommate has a Holoflake Fender Custom Shop Strat and it pales in comparison.

I went to NAMM and got to see my Buddy Kasey's on display and it blew me away.

I've been considering it on one of my next two builds ever since NAMM, just gotta think of specs around it.

I've got a strat coming and I'm glad I chose the finish on it before this one came in. What is there post galaxy? I'm considering having them build me a 7 string version, pretty much same specs, maybe different pickups. There's also the 060 Purple/Red Chameleon Marble they made about a year ago, fucking killer finish, would look amazing in a burst.

Restarted

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've got a strat coming and I'm glad I chose the finish on it before this one came in. What is there post galaxy? I'm considering having them build me a 7 string version, pretty much same specs, maybe different pickups. There's also the 060 Purple/Red Chameleon Marble they made about a year ago, fucking killer finish, would look amazing in a burst.

If you're going for another build, might as well get another finish. All their finishes are insane and I feel it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same finish again, even if it's that good.
Before I placed my order, I was torn between Teal Marble Satin, Ruby Red Marble Satin, Blue/Purple Chameleon, Gold Marble Satin, DGS Marble Satin, and the Red/Purple Chameleon. It took me around an hour and a half to write the email to place the order, where I kept changing between teal and ruby marble. Ended up with teal.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Haha my current pair is Silverburst Sparkle on my 060 and Red Purple Chameleon on my 070. My next two will have a sparkle and marble color, or both will be sparkle and on will be Galaxy. But I agree with restarted, get some variety or put in a bit extra money and get something custom made! I'm slowly making my other guitars obsolete as I get more Aristides, the weather conditions in Maryland can be rough and it showed on a few of my wood guitars with the dry cold we had. If you're comfortable with the neck shape and body + what you can order it's hard to beat the Aristides if you go through waning weather like I do now.

I played this exact one at NAMM and I can't get enough of the finish, I can understand wanting another guitar with the same but I have to resist.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're going for another build, might as well get another finish. All their finishes are insane and I feel it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same finish again, even if it's that good.
Before I placed my order, I was torn between Teal Marble Satin, Ruby Red Marble Satin, Blue/Purple Chameleon, Gold Marble Satin, DGS Marble Satin, and the Red/Purple Chameleon. It took me around an hour and a half to write the email to place the order, where I kept changing between teal and ruby marble. Ended up with teal.

I'm very partial to teal marble, I ended up changing mine from grey marble to teal at the last minute :hbang:. On my first 060 build I originally emailed Pascal asking if he could do a sparkle based off a Parker fly I had seen online. Basically a black variant on their rainbow sparkle. I think they were still experimenting with the galaxy finish when I had asked so the option wasn't on the table. Lo and behold about 6 months later the first one pops up.

Haha my current pair is Silverburst Sparkle on my 060 and Red Purple Chameleon on my 070. My next two will have a sparkle and marble color, or both will be sparkle and on will be Galaxy. But I agree with restarted, get some variety or put in a bit extra money and get something custom made! I'm slowly making my other guitars obsolete as I get more Aristides, the weather conditions in Maryland can be rough and it showed on a few of my wood guitars with the dry cold we had. If you're comfortable with the neck shape and body + what you can order it's hard to beat the Aristides if you go through waning weather like I do now.

I played this exact one at NAMM and I can't get enough of the finish, I can understand wanting another guitar with the same but I have to resist.

Your silverburst sparkle is one of the best I've ever seen. I actually remember showing the instagram pictures to my wife and telling her that I have never dug silverburst until seeing yours. I was torn between the purple sparkle burst and Deep Sky Blue Sparkle Burst on the strat. Ended up going with Deep Sky. I'm very interested in the color injected models they're going to start producing after the summer, could cut a lot of the wait time down. Depending on how much time I may go with a bare bones 7. I really want to see if Rodney will do a PRS style fade with a sparkle finish. Like a sparkle Beach Fade would be incredible, that may override the color injected model.

Start so far, black burst incoming...