NGD : Agile Septor 827

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Lucascp, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Lucascp

Lucascp Member

I couple of days ago I received my first 8 string guitar, the Agile Septor 827.

I know in the US, that is a cheap guitar, but in Canada, the shipping doubles the price. Plus we also have to buy a hard case with it for the shipping. It gets really expensive. I received guitars in boxes before, just like stores get them. I was a bit sad to throw that much money at a "cheap" guitar. But local 8 strings are rare and really not cheap. I only had the chance to try a Schecter and I hated it. So even if it was more expensive, people here said I should get an Agile. And I did.

It's a beautiful guitar, although mine came with quite some scratches on the headstock and some defects here and there. I can live with most of them, but I am a bit sad about the headstock since it reflects the light a lot and is pretty big. Though I did get the guitar on special. I just believe it should have been advertised as B-stock. But It's okay, 25% off is a good deal for some defects. I had been warned that the quality control is not the best on these guitars and that is what it globally looks like.

That said, let me tell you that I LOVE this guitar so far. Yeah, my 7 string Jackson came in perfect shape and still is, 2-3 years later, which is not the case for the Agile... But the Agile beats it for everything else. Of all my guitars, it's the only stock pickups that don't suck, I actually like them! The neck feels really good too. I am still not used to 8 string, but I was not that lost either. It's really fun to play and it just feels great. It's surprisingly comfortable. I also like that there's no inlay markers. I was able to customize the neck to my taste.

You can see it here. I recorded a loop for a small game project in my game design classes, so I also posted it as a demo:

So yeah, poor quality for esthetics even if it's a beautiful guitar. For the rest (the important stuff), it's a beast and I just can't let it go. I always want to play now.

watson503, mlp187 and M3CHK1LLA like this.
  2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

congrats...hngd

ive got an agile semi-custom 7 string hornet (king v) that i love. great quality guitar for the money. it was in perfect shape other than a chip on one of the wings from the previous owner.

anyways, have fun with it...

3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Fellow Agile player here, namely a Septor Pro 727. It's such a ballsy, bad ass guitar. Still blows my mind that I only paid $600 for it brand new, and it arrived without so much as a nick or scratch on it. I own a Gibson Les Paul Studio (circa 2010, or so), and a Rainsong Black Ice Jumbo Acoustic, among other less interesting guitars, and the Agile is by far my favorite to play.