NGD: Agile Intrepid 2527

Jacob Jung

Absolute fool
Reaction score
WOW I'M BACK!
I had an account on this forum back in middle school, (I'm now 25) I want to say I was called 'Ocara Official'? Idunno, some band that I started that went nowhere.
I haven't posted on here since I got my Carvin DC727 back in 2014, which I sold to a good friend of mine (gotta have visitation rights) but the lack of a 7 was creating a massive hole in my heart. Thus: my first ever multiscale guitar!
I haven't touched intonation yet, but after a truss rod and saddle adjustment, it plays like a dream. The pickups are a little weird. They have a very high peak resonance that stands out a lot, but are otherwise ABSURDLY midrangy.

EDIT: Oh right, information about the guitar. Clearly, it's neck-through. It has a 5-piece mahogany/maple neck, with mahogany wings for the body. Volume, Tone, 3-way, nothing interesting for electronics. Passive Cephius pickups, Grover tuners. I assume the rest of the hardware is proprietary Agile designed stuff.
There are a couple of rough fret ends around the middle of the neck, but other than that, I cannot find any imperfections in fit and finish.
This guitar came out of the Samick owned factory, World Musical Instruments in Incheon, South Korea.

Attachments

• IMG_9485.jpg
    IMG_9485.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9484.jpg
    IMG_9484.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I was like "wow, a see through purple!" but it's the lighting, isn't it? :)

Cool guitar anyway. How's the neck shape on these, baseball bat, toothpick or something else?

Jacob Jung

Absolute fool
Reaction score
I was like "wow, a see through purple!" but it's the lighting, isn't it? :)

Cool guitar anyway. How's the neck shape on these, baseball bat, toothpick or something else?
haha yeah, my lighting is provided by a neon Miller Lite sign. The guitar is a very greyish brown. The neck is somewhere in between an Ibanez and an LTD. fairly thin with robust shoulders, and pretty darn comfortable.

Stephenar19

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been wondering what the quality was like on Agiles these days, glad to hear it plays so well! Also +1 on the intrepid, I have an older one and the look is still one of my favorites

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yep, an Intrepid 828 was my first 8 string. And I still have it. Agiles are ridiculously good deals. Happy NGD!

narojo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love the body and the neck thru. Love the way they stained over the neck thru. How's it play?