NGD: Agile Geodesic 62527

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by littlebadboy, Jun 22, 2021.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

Ordered last week via Reverb, and it's finally here! The interest free option was too difficult for me to ignore.

This is a headless 6-string multi-scale Agile Geodesic 62527:

The good...
    It was good to play out of the box after tuning. It is really light! I like the resonance of this guitar, it sounds good up and down the fret with no buzzing. The pickups are okay but doesn't get my WOW. Considering that it is slanted, it seems I that I will be stuck with it.

This is my first try with fan frets. I immediately got used to it. It's different in playability but has that "this makes sense" feel. I have a 28" baritone and it was difficult to play lead on the wider spaced upper frets. This guitar has a 27-25.5" scale and I thought a multiscale would be a better option.

This is my first time trying a headless and I think I am liking it!

It is a beautiful guitar for me! Plugged it into my rig, and it was definitely rocking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bad...
    Although it is a beautiful guitar, I see some finish flaws. It seems the paint, or whatever is called, bled into the side borders.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Electronics, the pots felt nice. I liked the volume and treble sweeps. The switch feels cheap. The jack is... is that acceptable for guitars? It doesn't have coil splits, but I don't mind. It would've been nice to have. I like parallel better though.
    [​IMG]

Because of the flaws, I am not sure if I will keep it. I suspect that this may be a b-stock. It seems I do not have luck with Agiles. The last one I had was a 7-string LP 2500 something. It was neck heavy as heck and the strings did not line up with the pickup poles by far. I returned it. However, the Hadean Tele I had before was perfect.

If I decide to keep it, I will make a demo video. Or, I may make one before returning.

Let's see.

Now... what string options are there for multi-scales? I'm thinking of going drop B.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

The paint blemishes you point out appear to not be paint at all, that looks like the burl in the veneer poking out... I'd say that's a pretty nicely finished agile

3. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Beauty can't be seen through the eyes

Yeah, those aren't bleeds, they're pores and figuring from the burl top. This is actually a charged option in a lot of custom shops lol.

Also, the pickups arent necessarily the end ones you'll be stuck with. If you're handy, you can "re-plate" the pickups of your choice onto the base plate of those agile pickups, I see it done quite often with Kiesels.

Triple7 and littlebadboy like this.
  4. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

Yes, The store and brand owner explained that since the guitar has a spalted top, what I am seeing is actually the spalting on the sides.

I have also seen a video on how to use the original offset baseplates by replacing the ones on the standard commercial ones.

Thanks to both of you!

trem licking likes this.
  5. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

That’s better than some of the Strandies I’ve seen. Hope the pickups sound decent. If not figure out the slant angle. There are manufacturers that use a standard slant angle. Kiesel is not one of them. They chose their own angle. BKP makes some slanted pickups.

HNGD! Looks like a cool guitar.

littlebadboy likes this.