NGD - A not so merry christmas - Acacia Romulus Multiscale 8 content

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by codyblast, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

In my experience most luthiers will not pay someone else to do any work, because it will cost them way more than doing it themselves. But in this case, given the shipping costs, they might go for it.

2. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

That sucks this happened, man. I hate seeing these.

I don't know if you'd have any luck in court; technically he provided the guitar. I don't expect they are going to debate quality, although, I may be wrong. I'd just do some research before threatening them with that.

Hope it works out okay!

3. chris9

chris9 SS.org Regular

Or man so sorry that really sucks i hate reading bad new guitar days
    Hope you get it sorted out.

4. Force

Force Jackson Addict

I'd say it's too late as you've already taken to the guitar with a file, they'll just claim it's messed up due to what you've done.

In any case, it's despicable what these wankers have done, really feeling for you. It's bad enough getting issues on a cheap guitar, let alone one that pricey.

5. AVH

AVH avhguitarrepair.com Forum MVP

:eek: Wow, I'm so sorry to see you got shafted like that...that is some kind of awful work there and I unfortunately see shit like this so often by newer, small builders that it's almost an epidemic in the last 5-7 years. And not to rub anymore, but it's plainly clear that it's a set neck and not a neck-through - the neck is a 3pc and the body is a 5pc...and looks awkward as hell, along with the other things. What a mess, good luck, I'm sure Perry will fix you up.

6. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

Eek.

Man, that's baaaaad. Even though my iceman from them ended up being worth the amount I paid (which was a lot less than you paid for this, since my build was rather basic), there was still some slight instances of the same types of problems with it.

For what it's worth, I had zero issues working with Scott to correct the issues that I did have with my guitar. I hope you get things worked out in some way.

7. Riffer Madness

Riffer Madness Thrashing since '96

Sorry to see that. Thats the kinda flaws id consider unacceptable even on a $300 guitar.

They should refund every penny you spent and give you a big discount [like 50% off] if you ever decide to buy from them again.

Thanks for posting this. I'll never be ordering anything from that company.

This pisses me off.

How could someone not notice all that before shipping it out?

Maybe some disgruntled employee was trying to wreck their reputation?

8. WSchaferJR

WSchaferJR Fender, Suhr, ESP

A refund is not likely, unfortunately. Acacia must be down for the count, I would think.

9. Sponge

Sponge Carpe Diem

I had a situation where a company, well known to sevenstring.org, had sent me a lemon. It was the second build because the first was an error. They offered to build me another and refused to refund.

I posted the situation on here and over 100 replies and 3,000 views later, the company man called me the next morning and offered a full refund and asked that I remove the thread.

You certainly have every right to ask for a refund. If they refuse, put up a fight. Word of mouth goes a very long way, and especially in our community.

The posters here had my back and I can only do the same, if you choose to go with a refund. If you do, lets get everyone to get the ball rolling!

10. Orgalmer

Orgalmer Chuggasaurus Rex

Yeah man I cringed pretty hard at those pics.

You should definitely go for a refund. if my Carvin rocked up like this I would be spitting chips.

11. Joshua2209

Joshua2209 SS.org Regular

Disgusting. So sorry man, I had always been envious of their guitars but now... Man...

12. decoy205

decoy205 SS.org Regular

I'd try and get a refund and get a full Ormsby build. That is messed up.

13. SoItGoesRVA

SoItGoesRVA Do You Even Riff?

Unacceptable. It's bad enough that they wouldn't let you have a refund mid-build with all of the issues in production, but AFTER all of that bullshit they sent that abortion of an instrument out of the shop and into your hands AFTER you forked over thousands of dollars? Fvck. That. Spread this shit around, see what they do after word spreads of them letting this type of "craftsmanship" out into the public. Hope you get a refund, and props to Ormsby for being the man.

14. studmiester7

studmiester7 Official Logo

That is a terrible build job! Is there any hope in salvaging this thing without putting too much money back into it? Sorry to hear, bro!

15. SandyRavage

SandyRavage SS.org Regular

Super stoked to have found this thread as they were on a list of builders I was considering and hadn't seen any negative reviews.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry about your guitar dude.

16. Webmaestro

Webmaestro Ibanez Fanatic Contributor

God almighty

17. Erockomania

Erockomania Studio Geek

There goes Acacia.

Also, I'm in awe of the cavity with no controls and the bottle of glue at the neck joint. Holy cow.

18. ibanez4lifesz

ibanez4lifesz @TheGuitarRack

This is disgusting, and absolutely unacceptable for the price you paid. Squiers are held to a better quality standard…

This thread should really be linked on their Facebook page. They should not be allowed to scam anyone else when they're putting out garbage like this. I've been disappointed with luthiers for much lesser faults in the past, as I personally believe builds should be perfect (within reason) in this price range. This, however, is a whole new level of low :noway:

19. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

Unacceptable is the most written word in this thread and I agree.

That shitty fretboard ensues from laziness and incompetence
    The nut is poorly designed
    And if the neck is really a set-neck (what I'm pretty certain) , it's a swindle :mad:

And I'm not talking about the finish flaws and the control cavity cut with a chainsaw !

I'm sorry for you

20. patata

patata 7 heaven

[​IMG]
    uhm...