NGD: 2002 PRS CE24

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by kidmendel, Sep 7, 2021.

1. kidmendel

kidmendel SS.org Regular

Pics up front of course...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When I was a teenager, it felt like every metal band was playing PRS and it had a lasting impact. Have wanted one of these for a long long time.

It's a 2002 and has a few dents and scratches here and there but nothing significant. In fact, I'm surprised it isn't in worse condition for an almost-20-years-old guitar. It arrived perfectly set up with a set of 10s on it, I've since put 11s on and it could do with a very slight tweak but still plays fantastically.

This is the highest end guitar I've ever owned (maybe tied with a MM JP7) and I don't know if it's my inexperience or that I've got a particularly good one but I can't put it down, I've never played anything that feels quite like this. Sustains longer than anything I've ever played, it's resonant and you can feel it when you play... it has "mojo", that's for sure.

The only problem now is that I think I want another one. The Custom 24 was always a bit of a holy grail when I was a kid, might be time to put some money away and work towards that.

Cheers,

2. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

A purple CE24? NICE!!!

Both of the old-run CE-24's that I have played were incredible instruments and--like you said--they were hard to put down!

3. kidmendel

kidmendel SS.org Regular

I had been watching Reverb like a hawk for a few months, this is still the only purple one I've seen. I was thinking I'd try and wait for either a blue or red one, so I guess this combines those?

But yeah, I am blown away. There's nothing on it I would change. I thought I'd dislike the rotary pickup switch but even that I'm enjoying since I only play at home/don't need to switch positions quickly.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  4. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Dirt Magurt

I don’t play my CE24 very much anymore, but they’re awesome guitars. Love the combination of the snappy response whilst still sounding warm at the same time. That’s a beauty, HNGD.

5. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Chugs. Pinch Harmonics. Pick Scrapes. Dive Bombs.

Congrats man and HNGD

6. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Very nice man those are rock solid.