NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Shawn, Aug 30, 2020.

1. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Iffy doesnt seem to be the right word, but there was a second of hesitation drafting him since I've heard people say he can't hold on to the ball; but he's still a great player so I rolled the dice and we'll see how it goes.

Without the NFL pass, is there any way to watch the west coast games? All I had available to me today was Pats/Dolphins (snore) and the GB/MIN game (also just sort of boring).

2. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

I'm genuinely confused as to why would you visit this thread if you clearly don't.
    why don't you take a hike and let us be?

3. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

huh, i always assumed y'all in the States had all games in open air channels (or whatever they're called). interesting.
    I guess you can always show up to like, Twin Peaks or something and watch all of them at the same time lmao.

4. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

If you have cable, there's sports channels that are included with bundles so you usually get a majority of the games (if not all); but currently, I am how do you say, cableless? My only TV is free over air channels that my TV picks up, or streaming from Hulu (included as part of my Spotify) or Amazon Prime.

When I get my next place, I'm budgeting for internet only unless cable is only ~10/20 more. Watching cable at my parents placr showed me just how much is spent on ads that I dont feel like I'm missing much.

5. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

thats the one thing i feel you cant avoid when watching sports and NFL in particular as it seems they're inherently designed for ad placements (timeouts, lag between plays, official reviews, challenges, etc). Even with NFL game pass you get ads shoved down your throat. I honestly don't mind them that much, the USA ad business is miles ahead of Mexico's and its actually cool to see the production value of say, Car commercials. some of them are supremely well made. I hate trucks and honestly some of them make me want one lmao.

6. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

Projected Chubbs for this season is around 20% less than last, which would be around 30% less what is projected for Ingram this season. i mean objectively speaking i should not take the trade and hope for ingram to get to his expected numbers, but yesterday wasn't a good display at all.

7. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

I can’t get west coast games, ever on cable but sometimes I can get them on my phone via nfl.com or ESPN gamecast
    but it’s not the same as watching but the highlights usually show up while keeping track of the game....only thing is, you’re glued to your phone.

I just got the Pats/Dolphins game and GB/MIN game on cable. Speaking of which, was cool to see Cam Newton in his debut as a Patriot. I thought he did well and nice to see Josh McDaniel utilize his strengths. Will be interesting to see how this Sunday night game goes in Seattle.

8. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Ah shit, we're playing each other already? God damn, this is the week where my hometown love betrays my need for fantasy points :lol: But hey, at least I get something good to watch on a Sunday night.

Shawn likes this.
  9. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

Ok guys. Real talk:
    ofc Mack with his Achilles torn is out. Given Igram's and Connor's piss poor numbers, i got first waiver.

Do i take Snell (to replace a possibly injured Conner) or Malcolm Brown (huge performance this weekend)? Both high in all waiver lists, IMO both good calls...

Snell downsides are if Conner's just faking it, Snell will have less carries.
    Brown downsides is that Akers is a very promising rookie and supposedly will take over the Rams RB1 pos.

10. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Hamstring doesn't seems like it'd keep Conners down for two long, so I'd roll with Brown over Snell; especially in Gurley's absence from the Rams, I don't think they have a guaranteed RB1 to fill those shoes so even if Akers were to be named it - which seems unlikely as a rookie - they'd probably still split duties.