NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Shawn, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Shawn

Shawn ESP • Ibanez Forum MVP

I figured the season is about to start....searched for an existing thread, for some odd reason couldn’t find one. Anyway, any NFL fans here? If so, who’s your favorite team?

I’ll start. My favorite team is the Seattle Seahawks. Been a fan since the 80s back in the days of the King Dome. My father was stationed in Kitsap County and it just kinda stuck with me. Looking forward to this season.

2. MFB

MFB Banned

I mean, I'm Pats by virtue of where I live, but am utterly bored by our games that 95% of the time turn into a win even under the worst of circumstances; plus everyone seems to hate us, so it's not exactly the funnest team to root for. Curious to see how this year will be with the line changes and the end of the Brady era, I didn't watch till '03/04 so Bledsoe was already gone by then.

I also like to watch the 49ers, I lived in San Francisco for about half a year way back in 2011, and that was I believe the year either AFTER or when they won the Super Bowl so it was prime time to be a fan. Now with Jimmy G on the team (who should have become the new starter out here in New England) and the changes they've made, they seem to be on the right track to being a threat like the old Montana and Young days.

Shawn likes this.
  3. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Is there going to be an NFL season? I haven’t really payed much attention lately, but I know NCAA canceled football, the NBA cancelled the rest of their season, and the pre-season appears to be cancelled.

Adieu likes this.
  4. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Jaguars will host games with limited spectators, so that means probably normal turnout! I know there has been a lot of talk of the players not wanting to play/travel/stay in hotels/etc. so it will be interesting to see how the games and rosters turn out. I think we may see a combo of 1st/2nd string lineups.

5. MFB

MFB Banned

I haven't looked into the details, but I do have a fantasy league draft on Wednesday, so unless I missed something - there's definitely a season happening, but who knows that specifically entails for the teams.

6. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Are you going to go with TB with TB for your QB?

7. MFB

MFB Banned

[​IMG]

I never roll with TB as my QB, even if he does put up numbers; there's better out there. I rolled Matt Ryan last year and made it to semi-finals, not sure what my plans are for this year; I didn't expect a season so I didn't pay attention to the off season :ugh:

8. Shawn

I took my father to Gillette when Seattle played there on November 13th, 2016. We live in Maine and seeing how’s he originally from there, the Pats have always been his team. He donned Pats gear and I had my Seahawks gear on and although he rooted for his Pats he still was happy for Seattle to get the win because it is his second favorite team. It was the game of the year and there were a lot of Seattle fans as they travel well. Families of them. We had fun talking to them. Was a great game. It wasn’t really sweet revenge because the Pats beat the Hawks in the SB before that game. I actually went to Gillette with him earlier that year before the season started so he could get his picture taken with the trophy. Of course I was surrounded by Pats fans. I was the only Hawks fan there :lol: Good times.

I was actually born in SF so I should root for them but because I love Seattle so much, they are the nemesis. But, can’t deny their talent. Great coaching too. Tough division.

9. MFB

MFB Banned

Oh yeah, the SF/SEA rivalry is definitely legit, but as a transplant fan I never really had any reason to buy into it.

I've never been one for rivalries or trash talking, even the Habs vs Bruins I don't really buy into, too many good players on teams. Like I look at the Seattle team and their roster and I can see why people are for them: Wilson, Carson, Lockett, unfortunately no more Sherman or Lynch (but Sherman's personality gets a bit old), plus Carroll making it all work, and thats just the ones who immediately came to mind.

I think the only teams I end up legitimately dislike are ones either full of dirty players, or ones with more money than sense to just buy championships in the end.

Shawn likes this.
  10. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

Niners nation baby!

11. Shawn

Yeah, I miss Richard Sherman (Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas too). I really don’t think their defense will ever be as good. They had Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett too. At least Bobby Wagner is still there and I have the utmost respect for KJ Wright who I always thought was underrated. Shaquill Griffin and Quandre Diggs are ballers and am happy about Jamal Adams too so we shall see.

12. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

13. Shawn

14. DudeManBrother

Seems like a strange move. Maybe he wasn’t super explosive/exciting; but he is certainly a good back, getting around 100 yds a game. He’s still really young too. Someone will get a good player.

I don’t know what Seattle’s backfield looks like this year, with all the injuries over the last 2 seasons, but I wouldn’t be surprised if John and Pete fly him out to chat.

Shawn likes this.
  15. Shawn

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised either. At the moment, Chris Carson looks to be healthy and looking really, really good according to Pete Carroll. I know they signed Carlos Hyde, drafted DeeJay Dallas and Rashaad Penny is still a solid number 2 punch plus they still have Travis Homer and even QB Russell Wilson who usually rushes for a lot of yards. Also, a Marshawn Lynch reunion is still possible if any of the backs get injured but I kinda don’t see it but knowing Schneider and Carroll, it wouldn’t be surprising. Still, though, you could never have enough backs especially when it comes to injuries. :agreed:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  16. DudeManBrother

Carson is a beast if he can hold onto the football.

Shawn likes this.
  17. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

We gonna use this thread for Fantasy discussion? or shall we start a separate thread for that?

anyway.. i had Ingram as RB and this week was a bust. i dunno if i feel this reflects the rest of the season or was a one-off. Some guy is offering Chubb for him, and i dunno if i should just get rid of him or give it a couple more weeks...

18. MFB

MFB Banned

My only bust this week was my kicker from the Vikings, but holy hell did Wilson and Carson put up the numbers for me - 58 between the two :eek: Got lucky with my flex position and rolled Miller (Bears) over Dobbins since the word came out that Dobbins is apparently listed RB4 even though he was well-liked in camp. Yeah, not so much and they both scored nearly 15 pts, but it's something to keep in mind going forward to not trust everything you read.

Having said that praise to Dobbins, I think this week was a fluke, and in the coming weeks he'll be splitting his time with Ingram. I mean they put 38 points on the board, and 12 of those came from Dobbins, but I don't think that'll be the norm. I'd wait two more games, and if by week 4 his numbers haven't improved, try to shop him around with something else if you can spare it (be it pick or player). Was Chubbs still projected as the stud player that he was last year?

Shawn likes this.
  19. Shawn

Very cool that you got Wilson and Carson both. Schottenheimer seems to have let Russ cook finally in this opening game against Atlanta.....Carson did well, no fumbles, 2 TDS to boot. :yesway:

20. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

I'm genuinely so shocked anybody here gives a fuck.