Newbie by accident

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Dead Jackson, May 30, 2021.

1. Dead Jackson

Dead Jackson SS.org Regular

Wow! A found this forum accidently by searching for something unrelated and brought me here, so I signed up, posted an informational reply for the purpose of answering the original poster’s question about if anyone knew anything about a particular guitar. I did, so I filled in the blanks and retorted to some opinions about the ugliness of the guitar. Got spanked, schooled, etc. Amen. Decided I better read more about what snake pit I’ve jumped into! So I get it now, the world of 7 string guitars, tuning down to low b presumably and getting that heaviest of sound for modern metal. Right? Corrrct me please and set me straight. I do love that sound, always wondered how you tune so low without the strings flopping around on the neck. I personally like al kinds of music and an a sound engineer for everything from Mozart to Motörhead. Truly, love it all, even Mexican Banda music. Can’t keep up with the throngs of new artists and bands tho. I like a good song no matter. So it stands to reason I got scolded for liking an 80s style guitar by death metal Heads Cuz, in the words of Nathan Explosion, “THAT AINT METAL!!!” My bad. I’ll peruse this forum and get edumacated.

c7spheres likes this.
  2. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

Matt08642 likes this.
  3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Welcome. I guess. :lol: but seriously, welcome to the forum

4. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

we get it. you love ugly guitars.

enjoy your time here.

5. Dead Jackson

Lol So since much has changed over the years, since I’m the OLD GUY around here... what passes amongst y’all for a great looking battle axe? And, I wouldn’t be me without submitting yet another example of a new guitar style that, although probably not patterned after my Schon, looks remarkably similar in shape at least, I give you the signature guitar of a fairly famous metal band. Anyone care to identify?

6. Dead Jackson

7. Dead Jackson

Actually might resemble a Mosrite a bit mote closely if we are splitting hairs, which some of y’all might have seen, cuz we know you haven’t seen the Schon... (I know, it’s fugly)
    The thing here is the shape. The rest is somewhat original, or at least in musical terms, about as original as any song using the the same chord progression as Pacabelle’s Canon. (See how many metal heads even know what I’m talking about.) btw, The afore referenced act has their stadium tour rebooked for next year if yer interested. I’ll be there....

8. Dead Jackson

9. Bodes

Bodes SS.org Regular

Just remember that opinions are like a$$holes: everyone has them, and some of them stink.

Most of the blasting people get for their thoughts on a piece of gear is just banter and is a lot of fun. Some are people just being dicks for kicks.

In saying that, welcome! Remember to always wear your helmet, safety pads and have a cup of cement on-hand for when someone disagrees with you.

Edit: yes those those guitars are fug ugly. :pillow:

10. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Literally all of them, because it's so ubiquitous it's a meme.

11. Dead Jackson

Yes, thank you very much for that! I can keep up with most. I have a twisted sense of humor. I’ve toured with metal bands. Played chess everyday with John Connelly of Nuclear Assault back in the early 90s while dissing on each other the whole time, laughing our asses off. He’s a New York metal head! Whadya want fa nothin??? “Hey! California! If you tell me to have a nice day one f’in time, we’re all gonna kill ya! This is New York City! Pedestrians DONT have the right-a-way! If ya step off da curb, ya gets run ova! Then yo dead ass is liable fo da damage to the cab what hitcha! Dems da rulz!”

12. Dead Jackson

(I might add, NONE of these have 7 strings!!! ‍:nono:

13. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

We better not start going after people who love ugly guitars, have you seen how many members own Skervesens?

14. Dead Jackson

Lol I don’t even know what that is! I’m really going to get schooled on this forum, I can tell already. The only wisdom I might even add here is not to think you know everything cuz every time I think I know a lot, I get shown how little I actually do. Ha! “Those of you who think you know everything are really a lying to those of us who actually do!...”
    hahaha!!!! (What’s a Severson? I didn’t know Doc Severson made guitar’s??? Oh, SKEVERSON! Well that’s a horse of a different color!!! (What’s a SKEVERSON? Sounds Scandinavian. Everybody knows the darkest of metal comes from Norway. Blacker than the blackest black! King Diamond! Ok, he’s old too. I’ll shut up now....

jaxadam likes this.
  15. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

I’m with you on this one…. the older I get, the less I know!