New Washburn Guitars for November

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Just hope the V is a bit different in shape than ola's looks more like a rr on the pic but i may be wrong ;)
Otherwise this isn't a specific model/shape any more...

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How are the Parallaxe series, good value?
Just noticed the Montazeri sig is finally listed as a fixed bridge version. I need this.
What I found was a price of 735€ incl. shipping.

PXZ200B.jpg

I must say Im starting to develop a good GAS for this guitar at this moment.

Love the firebird inspiration, but with a more pointy explorer/destroyer feel.

Plus 25,5" and 24 fret

only thing I would ad would be block inlays and a binding on the neck.

still not sure what color that pickguard would be, white/silver/chrome/mirror?

same goes with the guitar in general. Its a nice computer stock "photo", but I wan to see "real" ones.

good thing I dont have money atm lol. It gives me time to keep deciding for my next hardtail 6 string, as I want to sell my LTD EC. Or a new 7 string or a bass?... ahhgg dam you money

bring on the next NAMM

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
New Washburn guitars in November... I take it you mean November 2025? With their history that should give them enough time to build and ship them.

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
what history? you are talking about last year thing, or do they have more history about it from before?

last year was the shut down of a factory and change to new one, so I dont blame them for the sudden lack of solar guitar out there, which I already mentioned before. But I do am interested to know if thats an ongoing thing for them for years past?

I do not think either the "ready from november" thing. We are in November and there is no sign of them in the mayor online sites yet, nor as a pre-order. think is more of a starting next year thing. The whole november is more of a "if you order first you should be able to get one at you dealer". But not a "we would have a full catalogue on stock ready to display at the store". Same as any other company, just because they would be able to ship 1 guitar at a specific dat, they just swear thats the release date for it. Take Misha's jackson, when was the "release date" announce, and even today there are not on stock (unless someone returned one), and the waiting times to get one is still pretty long-ish

If not being in November is a good thing, as the NAMM is not too far away, its better to hold on for a couple of months to see if there would be some good things from this guys or other brands. If not, then this "november" guitars should be more than ready by then to get

Cake Machine

Banned
Reaction score
I really like the a10/a20, they put one out in 97 or 98 that was real nice looking to me as a youngster and i still like it now. They should bust it back out, flagship it and push that sh1t because aside from artist guitars, they dont have much of a nailed down identity for me. These guitars could be it IMhumbleO. Plus, theres not many about (in the uk, at least...) - unless there are, and everyone is keeping them...

I dont know if id look twice at much of what they do outside of sigs. These new ones are ok..

Zerox8610

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love these new Ola signatures, but PLEASE stop with the signature inlays. That's the only thing preventing me from dropping money on a current Washburn. Take a look at Schecter's KM7 if you need an example of a signature done right.

As others have been shouting at Washburn for YEARS now, I would also love a WM526 redesign/reissue with a reinforced headstock (notorious for breaking after a few years apparently). Easily my favorite guitar from any of their previous, and current models though. I'm very surprised that they haven't touched these since they were discontinued.

Zeno

SZ Hunter
Reaction score
I love these new Ola signatures, but PLEASE stop with the signature inlays. That's the only thing preventing me from dropping money on a current Washburn. Take a look at Schecter's KM7 if you need an example of a signature done right.

"I want an artists guitar to match my specs! He should have thought of me when he made that guitar"

That's what all the complaining about specs sounds like in regards to sig models. Perfectly justified on a regular model, imo, but we're talking a SIGNATURE guitar made for a SPECIFIC artist. They put that inlay on there because they wanted it there. That's kinda Ola's thing, he gets it on all of his custom guitars, of course he got it on his signature model. If the inlay's is the only thing stopping you from buying a guitar, mayhaps you should sort out your priorities. It's not like it screams "THIS IS THE GUITAR OF (x) ARTIST" like the giant Deathbat and SYN inlay on the Synyster Gates sig - it's a pretty subdued sig inlay, all things considered.

Zerox8610

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"I want an artists guitar to match my specs! He should have thought of me when he made that guitar"

That's what all the complaining about specs sounds like in regards to sig models. Perfectly justified on a regular model, imo, but we're talking a SIGNATURE guitar made for a SPECIFIC artist. They put that inlay on there because they wanted it there. That's kinda Ola's thing, he gets it on all of his custom guitars, of course he got it on his signature model. If the inlay's is the only thing stopping you from buying a guitar, mayhaps you should sort out your priorities. It's not like it screams "THIS IS THE GUITAR OF (x) ARTIST" like the giant Deathbat and SYN inlay on the Synyster Gates sig - it's a pretty subdued sig inlay, all things considered.

I see where you're coming from, and I typically don't touch signatures for that very reason (built to their preferences, not mine), but Washburn has basically sunk all of their money into Ola's MANY signatures this year in hopes to revitalize the company.. They're cool looking guitars, but I feel like his inlay should have only been on a portion of the models to attract new customers, especially with their current distribution problems, or on the backs of the headstock. I by no means am trying to sound like the entitled prick who begs for changes but never buys anything.. I also don't want to see a good company fail. This is mostly constructive criticism, and hopefully a productive discussion about what we DO like while leaving room for improvements.

Schecter gained a lot of the ERG crowd's attention with the first KM7, which is on track for a great 2016 revision too, but by comparison, Merrow's name is almost nowhere to be found on the guitars. They are built like he would have a custom shop make his guitars, but they're still targeted at a specific audience/consumer (basically us). I think Washburn could learn a thing or two by analyzing the competition before it's too late for them to recover.

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I personally dig the logo and I think it looks pretty cool. Plus its a "logo" not a "name", donno how to explain it since the logo obviously is "his" or his "brand"

its more like the logo doesnt really represent much, and it can be seen as a cool tribal/infinite/symbol thing

but I do get your point, and yes, I think they should have offered some models without Ola's logo. Maybe just the Paralaxe logo at the 12th?, similar the the guitar I quoted previously but without the stupid dots, just a clean board with the company logo. Or just no logo, leave it clean