New Tremonti album coming in September

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

It's still up for me.

Substitute the vocals and that song is pretty much a Lacuna Coil track. I don't mean that in a bad way, either. Anyone else hearing it?

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Still down for me. But here's an official stream.

I gotta admit this and A World Away sound quite different than his usual writing, so it's pretty cool. You get his usual catchy choruses, but the verses are some of the heaviest riffs he's wrote.

thebeesknees22 likes this.
  3. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

i didn’t mind that at all. Killer riffs.

4. HeHasTheJazzHands

Listening to it rn. Feeling like one of those "best of" albums where its like a combination of the previous 4 albums. Not a bad thing because it slaps. Let That Be Us is probably my favorite track.

Musiscience likes this.
  5. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

New to Tremonti, the album is great. Used to stay away due to involvement with Creed. Really missed out, solos and vocals on this are amazing.

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

Ever since Creed broke up and Tremonti took that hiatus, he's been on fire. People hate on the first Alter Bridge album but it's got a couple of bangers. He's been extremely consistent since Blackbird

Musiscience likes this.
  7. Nonapod

Nonapod SS.org Regular

The guy's got a pretty damn good singing voice. He'll typically have one lead vocal song an album in Alterbridge and I've always tended to enjoy them. But when your main vocalist is Miles Kennedy it probably makes sense to have him sing like 95% of the songs.

Musiscience likes this.
  8. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

Did people really hate on the first AB album? I remember it getting quite the warm reception.

9. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

I wasn't super keen on the first one mostly due to Myle's super vibrato ....borderline operatic voice. But that's my tastes. I'm not really into that. Otherwise I thought it was solid. I think the first AB got a lot of hate just because of lingering Scott Stapp/creed hate.

10. HeHasTheJazzHands

I remember Tremonti talked about it. Made it sound like if Blackbird didn't become the success it became, then Alter Bridge wouldn't have been around for long.

11. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

Damn. Glad blackbird turned out amazing so :D.

12. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

The first is still my favorite AB record, there’s just something about the writing that I like better.
    One thing is that the songs flow really well from section to section and they just click as a whole. Songs from later albums sometimes feel too much like pieced together loose verse/chorus ideas.

The overall mood and production is great too, and Myles is voice still has a bit more of that mellow tone to it, whereas he sounds a bit more harsh these days.

It does still sound like a Creed record I admit (though, especially instrumentally that really shouldn’t be a bad thing imo) I’m just a sucker for those mid tempo melodic pieces from Tremonti, they’re so defining for his writing style.
    Not a surprise I also like “Not Afraid To Lose” on his new record so much too :lol:

Also have to add that from the start AB did really well in Europe, which was the complete opposite from what Creed was, so I guess there was something to say about that too finding their footing at the beginning.