New Thrash/Death mix

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/PJWJP

First mix with the Parallax from Neural DSP on bass. Do you guys usually do two tracks for your bass? I did a high and low on this one, but the high was turned down mostly to blend. I panned each about 10% each way just to get them out of the center.

Also, how do you guys feel between double, and quad tracking on guitars? I quad tracked the rhythms on this with the two extras turned down for blending.

Thanks for listening

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
That sounds good man. I do think you may have gone a little overboard on the guitars though; at least on my speakers the bass and the bass drums are really struggling to break through. For example around 0:53 where those really fast double kicks arrive they are just a bit buried under the guitars.

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That sounds good man. I do think you may have gone a little overboard on the guitars though; at least on my speakers the bass and the bass drums are really struggling to break through. For example around 0:53 where those really fast double kicks arrive they are just a bit buried under the guitars.

Thank you for your feedback. That particular section I lowered the bass and rhythms about 2-3db for the lead to sit up front a bit more. Maybe I shouldn't have dropped the bass?

PatientMental76

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really like the song & I think the guitars sound good but the drums have a strange sound on my end. What are you using & what post on them?

Last edited:

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really like the song & I think the guitars sound good but the drums have a strange sound on my end. What are you using for them? Are you using any post on them at all?

Can you define the strange part you're hearing? I use ezdrummer. I program the drums and change all of it for the most part.

Drum bus - ssl comp
Kick, snare top, snare bottom, hats, toms, Overhead all have their own SSL E Channel and limiter.

Hats, toms, and OH have additional eq for certain frequencies. The drum room "ambient" is just a little reverb plate.

So, yeah a little post production. Nothing crazy. Just controlling any fluctuation mainly. After many listens it seems like the toms eq could be tweaked for less bass, but that is mainly preference imo.

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/metalheadmc/abaddon10/s-cBWRnVcCicC

Remixed this one all over, and added leads.

Drums I swapped kits from Metalheads to the new Dark Matter expansion. Automated toms, and overheads slightly for them to feel more organic for certain parts.

Guitars changed amps from the diezels back to the Gojira. More automation mainly for volume in sections. Took out the extra layers on some lead sections.

Bass swapped from Parallax to Aurora Mammoth. I definitely prefer the sound of this amp.

Master track added the Puigtec Eq, S1 Stereo, and the Density MK3. Thanks to PatientMental for mentioning that one.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
I definitely think the change of drum kits has had a good effect, and the track feels more balanced overall too. Coming together very nicely my dude.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Great work with the revised version. I listened to the original before noticing there was a new version. You covered the items I was going to touch upon which were drums, way too much gain on the guitars and maybe trying more high end for guitars. I can't really comment on the bass since I'm listening from a laptop at the moment.