New Terminator Movie, "Dark fate" official trailer

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by DiezelMonster, May 23, 2019.

1. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

I haven't seen this posted, the Terminator series is my favourite Sci-Fi and also I am a fan boy! I really like the look of this new trailer!

Discuss..

Mathemagician likes this.
  2. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

I'd throw some ticket money at this.

3. MSS

MSS SS.org Regular

Looking forward to this. Hope it’s better than Genisys.

4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

It might look ok if it weren't for the absolutely horrible action. That plane shot looks far worse than the end of Fast and the Furious 6, and the fuckin' terminators punching each other looks AWFUL. Like, there's absolutely zero sense of weight. They turn them into CGI dummies so they can SPIN AROUND! The most egregious is the guy jumping in the air and throwing the bar - it might have looked good if they'd just, I dunno...PULLED HIM UP WITH WIRES AND HAD HIM THROW A BAR? Instead we get a lifeless mannequin.

Actual screenshot from trailer:

[​IMG]

This movie CAN NOT be good with that kind of thing in it, flat out. It could have the best script in the world, but if they care so little about the movie to put that kind of trash in it, there's a very low ceiling on possible quality. It looks as bad as the infamous train fight in Black Panther, but doesn't have the excuse of it being actors in cartoony suits or it being a silly comic book movie.

Yeahyeahyeah, "the cgi in the trailer isn't finished!!!" The shot's conceptually flawed if they even go with CGI for it. Blech.

Winspear, iamaom and setsuna7 like this.
  5. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

6. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

What a downright generic-looking actor for the (bad) terminator. Looks like he wandered over from a mobile plan commercial.

XPT707FX, iamaom, setsuna7 and 2 others like this.
  7. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Wouldn't that be ideal though for a cyborg meant to infiltrate human bases and go unnoticed?

I still haven't watched the latest Terminator movies. Was it Terminator 3 that it had the combination of T-800 and T-1000? If so that movie sucked so much it out me off the rest of the movies. Maybe this one will be better though.

8. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Another film? I couldn't even finish the last one when I tried to watch it.

9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

I actually liked Genisys. It was substantially better than T3 or that other shit with Christian Bale. I'll go see this, if only because I've had a soft spot for Terminator ever since I was a little kid.

DiezelMonster likes this.
  10. icipher

icipher SS.org Regular

Man I hope it's rated R.

11. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

As a big fan of the original, this is absolute garbage. It will make tons of money and give some fans a fix for sure. After the last three I didn't have high hopes for this one and I'm not disappointed. I would rather see stop motion and puppets than the ridiculous bullshit 100% cgi action scenes they have stolen from every shit action movie made since 2003.

You should've just stayed in your damned submarine, Mr. Cameron...

setsuna7 likes this.
  12. wankerness

IIRC both of the last terminator movies were considered flops?

13. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I think I'm the only person on planet earth who enjoyed Terminator: Salvation. I've only seen it once, and it was in the theater the night it came out. I remember seeing the trailer for the first time in a theater, and I got goosebumps, and came away happy after seeing the movie later. I like it. Was it the same experience as seeing T2 for the first time? No. But I still really enjoyed it.

DiezelMonster likes this.
  14. MSS

MSS SS.org Regular

I liked it. Aside from the original, it was the only one that had it’s own story line.

15. wankerness

I kind of like Terminator 3 and remember having a generally positive reaction to Salvation, though I don't remember much of anything about it. Genisys was really painful, like I'd rather rewatch most of the Transformers sequels than it.

16. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Yeah, T3 wasn't terrible I just think the cinematography and tone was too "bright" and modern for the series. One of my favorite aspects of T1 and T2 was the dark, bleak, and heavy feeling the movies had. The campier moments didn't do anything for that either (see: T-X's expanding rack, male stripper glasses T-800, Dr. Silberman showing up out of nowhere, etc.).

I also thought Nick Stahl was a terrible John Connor.

But there were the bones of a decent movie there, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching it despite the flaws.

Salvation would have made a solid popcorn action flick without the Terminator association. Standard action movie with shallow, predictable plot and ridiculous mcguffins (field heart transplant?).

I haven't seen Genisys. The amount of times I had to fix autocorrect on that one was enough. :lol:

spudmunkey likes this.
  17. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I like it when I think of it as a Fallout Tactics film but not as a Terminator film. The original script sounded a lot better than the final version we got.

If you only like the first two films then it’s 3 bad to 2 good films. Better than Aliens with 5 bad to 3 good.

18. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

To a lot of people, Alien is 6:2. Not me, because I effing love 3 even though it's so different...but a lot of folks HATE 3.

19. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

OT, and should probably go in Unpopular Opinions Thread, but:

Alien 3 is the best one. It's just so bleak and claustrophobic. I think it's even scarier than the first.

I think because 2 was so good, and a straight up action/thriller, 3 gets a bad rap.

Winspear and possumkiller like this.
  20. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I've put off re-watching 3 for nearly 10+ years now. I remember enjoying it when I first saw it but found it tried to mimic 1 a bit too much while distancing itself from what 2 did. I have an Alien Boxset somewhere so I'll give it a watch soon.