New song idea..still a work in progress (Industrial Metallica?)

Reaction score
So I've been at work on new stuff over some time now. Usually I do industrial/synthy kinda stuff but the newer music is a lot more guitar oriented. I decided to have some fun with the idea by just recording myself playing randomly and using the recording as I would sound samples. Sort of an industrial music approach to guitar playing. I'd chop up the playing and turn it into something completely new.

This new song was NOT played this way. It's just a sequence of riff samples rearranged into the finished product. It's not completely finished, I'm thinking of adding some leads and whatnot but the basic idea is there. It ended up being really Metallica influenced. Sort of Metallica meets Ministry maybe?

The experiment of chopping and rearranging random riffs and notes has been fun and I managed to get an entire song out of just a minute or less of dicking around.

https://soundcloud.com/helveteinc/2...d&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Dude you really nailed it on the head, Metallica meets Ministry. Not necessarily my cup of tea, but definitely cool. I dig the bass tone more than anything actually, what gave you the tone?

EDIT: BTW, I love the different tones left and right, i dont usually do this but might have to give it a try as they blended together quite well. Cool stuff.

Reaction score
Dude you really nailed it on the head, Metallica meets Ministry. Not necessarily my cup of tea, but definitely cool. I dig the bass tone more than anything actually, what gave you the tone?

EDIT: BTW, I love the different tones left and right, i dont usually do this but might have to give it a try as they blended together quite well. Cool stuff.
Yeah that was my first time trying two different sounds. It really happened just because I made two guitar tones and was switching between the two to decide which I wanted to use. I then did a left and right for comparison but it ended up sounding good together so I left it.

The bass is FL Studio BooBass run through the Ignite TBA boost into the Ignite bass amp head with a little chorus thrown in for width. I really like BooBass as you can make some really grindy bass tones.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Does my phone have the dumb or something? Any time I tap on a link on this forum it opens the app but not the song. Dafuq.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I can definitely see a Metallica/Ministry combo. That bass is NASTY! I've only listened on a phone so far but I dig it.

I don't know what it is about the guitar tones but it has that stiff, kind of distant Ministry thing going on. Good stuff!

HiOnFire

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not my style of music but I dig the production and the approach you took.