New song - Helix Native (Fear Factory/Slipknot/Soulfly kinda style)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Rev2010, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

This was done using Helix Native, my own programmed patch, with Superior Drummer and Metal Foundry but with a kick I made from Progressive Foundry. This was using my production Jackson Kelly 6-string using the standard Jackson pickups. Thought they sounded fine enough to not need to swap them out for now. No vocals yet as we're still looking for a singer and it's what I call a rough preliminary mix, nothing completely final of course. Both SoundCloud and Youtube below, whichever you prefer:

https://soundcloud.com/blackingrace/the-god-democracy

Rev.

Mike and ADADAD like this.
  2. ScatteredDimension

ScatteredDimension Sixstring Regular

Nice! I really like the main/ opening riff! The guitar sound is great, especially for "just" stock pickups.

The mix is good, nothing really to point out.

For me, the tapping solo sound a little out of place, in a sense that it sounds "too happy" with the rhythm riff, if that makes any sense. And it's also goes on too long for me, since it's not changing at all...

3. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Hey thanks man!! Not meant as a solo, just rhythm part. It won't sound so long once singing is over it, but yeah at that point if it does then we'll shorten it. Thanks for giving it a listen man, truly appreciate it! *Oh, one more thing to add, that part is indeed supposed to sound happy. Like your candidate won.

Rev.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  4. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

I thought this was a band called "New Song" with their new track "Helix Native". From the album "All the modeling money can buy", of course...

5. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Hey this is Helix Native, not AxeFX III! :lol:

Rev.

6. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

That's gonna be their next single...

7. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

On a positive note, it's looking like we're finally becoming a full band as we're about to sign on a singer and 2nd guitarist thereby completing our lineup. So, it's looking like in the near future our tracks will finally be released with vocals on them. We're all hitting the studio next Saturday. So, just bumping this one time as I'm quite excited :D

Rev.