New Slipknot

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Lorcan Ward, May 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

Its not Clowns kid. He had his kids come out on stage after the show in Germany yesterday, unless that dude cleaned up and changed hella fast, haha.

GeckoNox likes this.
  2. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

He went through a phase awhile back where he was showing gear stuff but that has dwindled to very little and its just him and his lady, haha

setsuna7 likes this.
  3. jwoods986

jwoods986 SS.org Regular

I'm not on IG, and you guys mentioned his new lady, so I guess Jim and Christina Scabbia aren't together anymore?

setsuna7 likes this.
  4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

Still a better mask than Cory's new one :
    [​IMG]

5. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn Play more music

I read today that Corey has said on Instagram because "soooooo many people are bothered by it". What a chump, classic denial, so self-centred he doesn't realise he looks like a mug.

"Hey dude, you look like an idiot with a condom on your head!"

"Man, people are soooooo bothered by this, they just can't take it, man I'm totally freaking people out lol!"

Razerjack and GunpointMetal like this.
  6. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

He thinks he looks creepy but it really just looks like a crappy Halloween mask from one of those pop-up stores. Good thing he went through all the trouble of having it custom made.

Razerjack likes this.
  7. Mprinsje

Mprinsje st. anger ain't bad!

What is it with musicians not being able to just admit a thing they did isn't a very good idea? Almost always they fight back with the "People just don't understand and therefore it's artistic and good" arguments. Or going the Suicide Silence route of belittling their fans and calling them names and stuff.

Why do they need to react to these things in any other way but the reasonable "yeah just let people have their opinion, that's cool". Would also make them seem like much better people IMO.

GunpointMetal likes this.
  8. GunpointMetal

It probably could work both ways, as far as fans just shutting up about minor stuff that bothers them, but ultimately he isn't in the position he's in without the approval of "the people" so maybe learn from the criticism?

9. MerlinTKD

MerlinTKD EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory Contributor

It's a little ironic that the attitude that helps get you success ("I'm doing this, fuck you") is the opposite of what keeps you successful ("We got here, and you're a part of that").

Of course, the truth is that it's always "We're doing this together", sometimes with a bit of "and fuck those other people!", but when you forget who's 'us' and who's 'them', then it's just all about you. And that's when you fall.

10. brector

brector SS.org Regular

I would assume it's their ego

11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

I think the lambasting over Corey's mask wouldn't have been as bad had he not hyped up the fact that it was made by Tom Savini (who did the SFX for The Walking Dead, Night of the Living Dead and tons of other horror). Definitely doesn't help that it's basically a cheap looking opaque face mask.

BenjaminW likes this.
  12. j3ps3

j3ps3 SS.org Regular

What a shit ton of bitching over one friggin mask haha.

Isn't that literally what the self-titled era masks were? What's the problem now? 'Cause it's custom and it's not cool enough?

13. GunpointMetal

I don't care either way. The schtick was only cool to me when I was a kid anyways. It seems odd to have a special FX master make you a mask that looks likes a dirty face condom, though. The best part of the whole situation is him acting like he's some sort of pop villian because some of the internet complained about his mask.

14. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I think it's funny that the mask is bad, that he's proud of it, that people think it sucks, that he thinks that people thinking it sucks means they're mad, and that people are mad about him thinking they are mad instead of that they think it sucks. Endless chain of hilarity!

GeckoNox and GunpointMetal like this.
  15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

I mean hahahahahahah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GunpointMetal likes this.
  16. GunpointMetal

That collar isn't helping anything either, lol! Do they have some new Ghost knock-off look going on?

lewis likes this.
  17. Dwellingers

Dwellingers SS.org Regular

I think its awesome. Nobody's up KISS' ass regarding their stage-outfit. #promasksandproshowmanship

18. Jake

Jake GAS Master

I'll be sure to report on the quality of the masks from an in person inspection when I see them in August :lol:

19. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

Loudwire posted a video where a kid shared his thoughts on the mask. The kid had to wear a "transparent facial orthosis," which is some sort of mask that burn victims wear to sort of help even out the scar tissue as it heals.

Say what you want about the mask, but I don't hate it. (I also enjoy the memes, but I also support artists doing what they like.) I can definitely see the symbolism or whatever behind it. Kinda cool, actually. Certainly a lot less silly if you see people with them who need them. Though it is still strange that they had Tom Savini design it. Deeper/obscure meaning or not, it's still simple and doesn't exactly warrant the talents of an FX artist who is known to to such intricate/detailed work. To each their own, though, and I couldn't care too much less since it's a music-first kinda deal for me. (and I really like what I've heard so far.

setsuna7 likes this.
  20. fps

fps Kit

I think Savini and Taylor have created something, and there are people who haven't really engaged with or understood it who have made themselves look very silly here. I don't know that Corey wants some detailed intricate thing, it's more about character creation - it's not meant to become a GWAR style effect. Of course for most the Vol 3 mask was the best but recreating that wouldn't be pushing the art forward.