New Slipknot

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Lorcan Ward, May 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Maybe they were recording an acoustic ballad because I don't know about you guys but I like to sit cross-legged and I can't even count the times I've managed to crush my balls. :lol:

wankerness likes this.
  2. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

I don't believe it happened because he was singing at the time, though... :D

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

setsuna7 likes this.
  4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

setsuna7 likes this.
  5. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

shows as his instagram is private, so you need to folow in order to see the pics.... wtf? I get it if i was a personal account for close friends, but a public one with 450k followers? whats the point?

Kaura likes this.
  6. HeHasTheJazzHands

Whoops, forgot you gotta be a follower.

Yeah basically it's an open-coil EMG Tele set in the Meteora, and an open-coil zebra EMG Retro Active set in his black Tele, which has a black pickguard.

setsuna7 and A-Branger like this.
  7. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I dont mind the meteora at all. With the right set of specs/colors its a killer design, and a good shape for him. Remember seeing a video he played one blind folded and he loved, so no surprise they gave him a sig. New guitar shape, so new sig artist to carry the flag I suppose

much much much preffer he has a meteora than a jazzmaster

setsuna7 likes this.
  8. Axe Cop

Axe Cop SS.org Regular

I too was a huge fan of their self-titled. It was released as I was graduating high school, a pivotal part of music in my life. I'd never heard anything like it. The first show of theirs I went to was a club that held like 300 people that my band used to play at and they barely fit on the fucking stage. I was blown away by their energy.

I really hated the clean vocal radio version of Wait and Bleed. I knew from the beginning there was no way Cory could keep those vocals up, but the vox on the first album are fucking incredible. That whole album is basically an audio horror movie.

I haven't really been a huge fan of anything they have done after that album. I've seen them live several times and they do put on a hell of a show even though I think Cory does tend to get lazy with the vox.

In regards to the new song, I think it's very well produced. I wasn't a big fan of it the first time I listened to it but it grew on my pretty fast.

9. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

IG is mostly spam, bots and follow/unfollow accounts so having it private reduces that a lot. With the reach 450k has he would just have “check out my band, product etc” comments every time he posted anything knew. It also means whatever percentage reach he has is actually seen by fans and not just bot run accounts. It really is an awful app and only pushes those practices more every update.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  10. HeHasTheJazzHands

He said the new sig won't be a Meteora.

11. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Anyone else check out the rock am ring live stream? I watched, sounded ok. It sounds like Weinberg(?) is constantly trying to rush through the songs. It sounded like he sped up halfway through before I forget.

He needs to slow down that’s for sure.

12. Acme

Acme SS.org Regular

I watched it and had sort of the same impression. Maybe because of the same reason, the new kegman and Weinberg don't seem to be in perfect sync. Not a big deal, but they could be tighter just by a tiny bit.

13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Vol 3 was the last time they nailed a blend of heavy/weird but also with a enough of a hint on mainstream to blow up in success (radio/Festival/huge tours).

Since, its been downhill. He (Corey) has turned slipknot into what Stone Sour was on the first 2 albums, but with masks - i.e a rock band

14. Mprinsje

Mprinsje st. anger ain't bad!

In replies to comments on his IG he has pretty much confirmed that there's an EMG sig set coming up

15. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

16. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I get your point. I hate when a fucking random comes and decides to like my last 5 photos and "follow me", as a click bait tactic, yeah suuuuuuuure Im gonna follow you back "bro", and suuuuuuuuuuuuuure you are not gonna stop following me after a couple of days......., cant believe people out there still fall for that. Also the random ultra generic copy/paste comment in a photo. Those are fun

but again, those bots would still follow you. HE would ahve to then (or an employee who knows) to manually check every single follow request. Yes, you would stop bots finding your pics at random, but still.

at least with that big of a name, he can actually do that. Stupid is when its a small/starting/who? artist who decides to make an account private, like good luck reaching out to people that way and showing your art/product/yourself to the world

boooooooooooo :(

17. HeHasTheJazzHands

He said it won't be. I know last year he teased another Jazzmaster. But he's been teasing new sigs for awhile now.

And yeah, he seems to love the new Retro actives. So it looks like it'll be based on those..

setsuna7 likes this.
  18. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

All can see of Jim in my Insta feed is Jim showing off his new girl:lol::lol:, not much guitars, I don't really stalk his profile that much, but I am intrigued by his Retro-Active set/signature.

19. GeckoNox

GeckoNox SS.org Regular

Anyone catch the live stream from Rock AM ring last night? I was pretty impressed overall, they still put on one hell of a show.

Chris' replacement seems a lot younger than the rest of them, judging from the way he moves. Got me half convinced it could be clowns son after all....

20. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

Wait, EMG does non-covered pickups these days? For a second I got excited that he has switched to using passive pickups.