New Sikth single "No Wishbones" out now!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Kurkkuviipale, Feb 10, 2017.

1. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

I've never watched a lyric video and not gone red in the face from embarrassment (isn't that what cringe means?), and this is no exception. I dunno, SikTh have always had really idiosyncratic lyrics (How May I Help You?, Such the Fool, Hold My Finger), maybe it's just seeing it in such an in-your-face style. Joe Rosser isn't really getting a look in here. Instrumental is great though.

2. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

That new song has just about the worst lyrics ever...it doesn't even tell a story, and the delivery is lame as ........ makes me sad, actually.

3. DLG

DLG not guthrie govan

I've read most of Sikth's lyrics and never really cringed this bad, most lyrics were pretty cool.

Does anyone know what the lyrics writing split was between Mikee and Justin?

Kind of remember Mikee's Prime Rock Rebellion project being pretty corny, maybe there's no more quality control without Justin?

Still really like the first single.

4. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Dumb lyrics but never what I listened to Sikth for, either. The song itself is rock solid.

5. Sikthness

Sikthness SS.org Regular

i said somethin on fb about the lyrics n got attacked, glad some agree. their lyrics were always odd, but they were unique and interesting. makes me a little sad honestly. reminds me of the lyrics to that first aliases lyric video released with rosser, cant remember the name its like the 4th track. anyway, the new songs r interesting. i like them both, not love, but im interested they arent rehashing what theyve already perfected. opacities was cool but it wasnt adventurous, just really think about how many weird things r going on with DoaDD. im hoping this new one is just as adventurous

6. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

Agree with all posts before me, and to DLG, I believe that all the lyrics of SikTh are entirely composed by Mikee, both The Trees... and DoaDD say in their sleeves that he did so alone.

This single, in my interpretation, is about a recurring dream that haunts the narrator, which is actually pretty interesting for the most part, but is specific to a comical degree -- lyrics like "Oh look there is an elevator/press the button now it's open" and Can you find the bathroom?/Impossible mission" just don't fit, and it really takes you out of the song as a listener - the latter makes me think of some guy with the trots!

7. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

11 years later and you still have the best f**king avatars on this site. :rofl:

On topic, though, lyric videos are the worst, yes, and if I have to listen to a song with one I just switch tabs and do something else.

8. BlackMastodon

No mention of another new tune?

Not too crazy about this one. Chorus is cool but otherwise nothing special really.

9. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

That's the same track I linked above that has atrocious lyrics :)

10. BlackMastodon

Ah, missed that. Explains why I also thought the lyrics were terribad. :lol:

11. oompa

oompa Ze.. Contributor

I've been thinking the same thing for years :yesway:

12. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

I guess I'm a loner. I thought this was pretty bad.

I couldn't even make it through two minutes. That accent was just super cringe and the vocals all together just killed it for me.

13. Handbanana

Handbanana SS.org Regular

Lol you must be new to this...

14. spectrrrrrre

spectrrrrrre INSERT DJA DJENT

15. NickS

NickS Rocket Surgeon

VERY late comer to the party. Just started listening to these guys, and can't believe I missed out for so long:hbang:

Typical with me, as I don't get to expand my musical vocabulary that frequently (work, wife, kid etc....). Proud to report that this one of many bands that the wife hates (mostly in a good way, too loud, harsh vocals, understands the artistry though) and I will have to enjoy on my own.

16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

The album sound pretty good overall, I really dig the riffage, though I've never been a fan of their little soliloquys in their songs.