New Schecter Models Megathread

sirbuh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was at a metal festival recently, and over the course of 4 days I saw 29 different bands/concerts. Only one of these bands used Schecter guitars on stage. Most of the bands used instruments from brands like ESP, Gibson, Jackson, Ibanez, while a surprising amount of players actually appeared to use custom/more boutique gear.

Caught Atheist a few weeks ago, one of the guitarist had a banshee.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Does anyone know the specifics in the difference between a Masterworks and a production model from the custom shop?

I get that a masterwork will likely have a lot for non-CNC work while a good deal of a production model probably starts out on a CNC machine.

But I'm mainly interested in the work that goes into the assembly (radiusing the fretboard, installing the frets and leveling them, etc.). Is that all done by the same people for either a masterworks or a production guitar from the custom shop?

Basically I want a 7-string that is as flawless a player as my masterworks 8s but I'm impatient and don't want to have to wait months to get one.

@Church2224 can probably explain that

Basically the Masterworks are made by a team of one to two people (Not sure currently) and the USA Production models are made by a team of people (More cnc work, limited specs, ect)

USA Production models are already set body shapes and specs like scale length, fret number, fretboard radius, ect. Models like the Sunset Custom and Sunset Custom -II, Traditional, PT, Sunset 24 and 24 7, and PT 7, are all models that the USA Production line offers with options you can pick like certain top woods, fretboard and neck woods, bridges, ect.

Premier Guitar did a series of videos about the USA Custom Shop a few years ago and it was pretty good

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
It always surprises me how cooler the US models are compared to very similar imports.

289959532_10228557972072739_8762515302193664072_n.jpg

289629756_10228557971712730_3845393641364051797_n.jpg

290156882_10228557971232718_8056780001595530915_n.jpg

289020553_10228557966392597_3992116838752653515_n.jpg

289355323_10228557965392572_1374761057550822631_n.jpg

God I love this guitar. I want one exactly like this some day.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
@cardinal I will say this about my USA Production Schecters, they are my favorite guitars and are absolutely flawless. I have 11 and I am planning on getting so many more. My 7 String Sunset 24 is my favorite 7 string. Fretwork, fit and finish, and overall quality is outstanding. Customer service is awesome as well.

If I had the time I would come up to Northern VA to have you try mine and see for yourself. If you are ever in Richmond/ Central VA let me know we can meet up and you can take a look. But I would talk to a dealer about getting a good USA Sunset 2 7 string or PT 7 String. Might be about 6 to 8 months, but worth it my friend.

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
@cardinal I will say this about my USA Production Schecters, they are my favorite guitars and are absolutely flawless. I have 11 and I am planning on getting so many more. My 7 String Sunset 24 is my favorite 7 string. Fretwork, fit and finish, and overall quality is outstanding. Customer service is awesome as well.

If I had the time I would come up to Northern VA to have you try mine and see for yourself. If you are ever in Richmond/ Central VA let me know we can meet up and you can take a look. But I would talk to a dealer about getting a good USA Sunset 2 7 string or PT 7 String. Might be about 6 to 8 months, but worth it my friend.
Thanks! I like the idea of a Sunset 7. Ive asked good ol' DCGL what might be possible.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I like the idea of a Sunset 7. Ive asked good ol' DCGL what might be possible.
Always held a big soft spot for the Sunset Hellraiser FR. A 7-string version of this with the 26.5" neck and a back finish like the Apocalypse series would be SO damn sweet! :p
orig

I do have a Banshee Mach-7 FR S on order, so I guess that satisfies my need for a superstrat Schecter with inline reversed headstock for the moment! :)

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly they rely too much on superstrats. I know it's weird hearing this from me, but they do have tons of great shapes (the E-1 is litterally one of the best Explorer iterations on the market right now), but C-1s everywhere.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
Honestly they rely too much on superstrats. I know it's weird hearing this from me, but they do have tons of great shapes (the E-1 is litterally one of the best Explorer iterations on the market right now), but C-1s everywhere.
Their Avenger shape is pretty cool too, but I don't think they make a 7-string version of that currently.
Also, they had one of the - in my opinion - best looking LP copies on the market a couple of years ago, but that seems to have vanished?

I guess the demand for extreme and/or classic shapes isn't as high as the demand for superstrats though, so that might be why they rely so much on it?

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm not an Avenger fan honestly, but I agree about their singlecut looks quite cool, not super fan of the curl of the cut, but I guess it's ok, their USA is shaped better like we said above about the C-1
body_angle_2__30290.1603226462.jpg

About the demand of extreme shapes, well you can't sell shizloads of specific guitar models if you don't HAVE them...their V-1 is killer, but they don't quite make enough variants of them to let you have a proper choice. If you don't like purple finish, then you can't go with Custom series, because that's the only finish they offer for the V-1.

I want a boring gloss black V-1. Better if with traditional or reaper headstock. Avenger headstock is fine enough. This, or an E-1 with same specs.Is it too basic?

Maybe we really ruined guitar world when we stopped caring for black and started asking for rainbow colored guitars, burled finishes, bevels and shit like that.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
About the demand for extreme shapes I was thinking more broadly. When I look at different bands there seems to be a tendency leaning towards either superstrats (ESP, Ibanez, Jackson etc.) or more classic stuff (Gibson, Fender etc.). The more extreme stuff like BC Rich, Dean, pointy V's, out-there custom stuff is more rare currently.

This is just my personal observation though, and most likely heavily influenced by the type of music/bands I listen to. My all time favorite body shape has been the BC Rich Warlock for many years now, but I prefer superstrats for comfort. I do have an Epiphone Explorer which I love, but it's quite bulky to sit with in front of the computer when recording demos.

Stuck_in_a_dream

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really naive simple question, could be that I missed it, but what ever happened to the Aaron Marshall's Schecter sig.? Haven't heard anything since it was introduced and I don't think it's on the web site.