New Schecter Models Megathread

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guess for a company it sucks a bit when they pick up someone when he's basically no one, bet on him, nurtures him and then he moves away to a bigger company
Especially when guitars making business up to mid tier levels seems mostly a "family business" and not a big corporate way of dealing with "human assets"

Schecter is definitely not a "family business", and hasn't been in a very, very long time. They were one of the original So-Cal shops back in the 70's.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Guess for a company it sucks a bit when they pick up someone when he's basically no one, bet on him, nurtures him and then he moves away to a bigger company
Especially when guitars making business up to mid tier levels seems mostly a "family business" and not a big corporate way of dealing with "human assets"

I just looked up a nevermore vid from 2009 and he's using an ESP, and I already feel like he was very well known at that point. Schecter wouldn't sign someone who wasn't well known, because that wouldn't sell guitars.

OmegaSlayer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just looked up a nevermore vid from 2009 and he's using an ESP, and I already feel like he was very well known at that point. Schecter wouldn't sign someone who wasn't well known, because that wouldn't sell guitars.
I think I purchased my Schecter Demon 7 in June 2010 and he was using Schecters
On a side note...I paid it € 368,00, now it's € 599,00

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He was using Schecter as early as 2003/2004 and got his sig model in late 2006/early 2007? The only time he used ESP was in the early 2000s during the Dead Heart tours.

On the same note; I just realized that Loomis was using an 007 for the I, Voyager video. I thought it was something else, but nah, it's an 007.

2cc983c8e62656d3fab66f16ac6967b6.png

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
He was using Schecter as early as 2003/2004 and got his sig model in late 2006/early 2007? The only time he used ESP was in the early 2000s during the Dead Heart tours.

On the same note; I just realized that Loomis was using an 007 for the I, Voyager video. I thought it was something else, but nah, it's an 007.

2cc983c8e62656d3fab66f16ac6967b6.png
That has got to be the most unflattering still of him I’ve ever seen :lol:

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Does anyone know the specifics in the difference between a Masterworks and a production model from the custom shop?

I get that a masterwork will likely have a lot for non-CNC work while a good deal of a production model probably starts out on a CNC machine.

But I'm mainly interested in the work that goes into the assembly (radiusing the fretboard, installing the frets and leveling them, etc.). Is that all done by the same people for either a masterworks or a production guitar from the custom shop?

Basically I want a 7-string that is as flawless a player as my masterworks 8s but I'm impatient and don't want to have to wait months to get one.

tian

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This post came to the top, I saw it, so I just wanted to throw out there, before I bought the Strandberg, I was closely consiering a Schecter CS-7 MS. I love the crackly metal AF finishes, just wanted a blue to purple color shift.

GetImage.ashx
Not quite sure about the details of your question, but I have the C-7 MS and love it. Everyone has their preferences but imo Schecter is using the most competent spot for the parallel fret at least among big brand options. ESP LTDs are at the fifth fret and Ibanez has theirs at the 12th which causes really dramatic fans at their respective ends of the fretboard.

Are you talking about trying to get a multiscale version of the guitar pictured finished with a custom paint job? Of course a custom shop would be crazy nice but production stuff is really damn good.

narojo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not quite sure about the details of your question, but I have the C-7 MS and love it. Everyone has their preferences but imo Schecter is using the most competent spot for the parallel fret at least among big brand options. ESP LTDs are at the fifth fret and Ibanez has theirs at the 12th which causes really dramatic fans at their respective ends of the fretboard.

Are you talking about trying to get a multiscale version of the guitar pictured finished with a custom paint job? Of course a custom shop would be crazy nice but production stuff is really damn good.
My bad, no particular question associated with my post. Just imagine the same guitar pictured, but with multiscale, and instead of silver, have the color be blue to purple color shift, like this other Schecter:

I can only imagine how uncomfortable some of those dramatic fans can make multiscale. Most people don't think about that when they first consider MS! I've actually found a slight fanning to be more ergonomic, though!

olejason

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got my order in today. It’s been a while since I’ve had a Schecter and for the price these seem hard to beat.
View attachment 109289

I love mine, I play it more than any other guitar I own right now. The wenge neck is phenomenal and the minimal finish on the black limba feels great. Mine is decently heavy but nothing crazy.

Mattykoda

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love mine, I play it more than any other guitar I own right now. The wenge neck is phenomenal and the minimal finish on the black limba feels great. Mine is decently heavy but nothing crazy.
Yeah the weight is surprising but not something that’s a deal breaker. It is shockingly good though, I’ll post a NGD up soon.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Does anyone know the specifics in the difference between a Masterworks and a production model from the custom shop?

I get that a masterwork will likely have a lot for non-CNC work while a good deal of a production model probably starts out on a CNC machine.

But I'm mainly interested in the work that goes into the assembly (radiusing the fretboard, installing the frets and leveling them, etc.). Is that all done by the same people for either a masterworks or a production guitar from the custom shop?

Basically I want a 7-string that is as flawless a player as my masterworks 8s but I'm impatient and don't want to have to wait months to get one.
I could be wrong, but unless things have changed the difference between Masterworks and USA Production is that a Masterworks is a one off. I guess with their expansion they might have a few more people around, so Shigeki isn't doing all of the fretwork.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few metal gigs lately, and it's funny how Schecter was one of the least represented brands so far, even Solar had more bands using their guitars. Only time I've seen Schecs in use (old ATX models, nothing new) were with local unknown acts.
I was at a metal festival recently, and over the course of 4 days I saw 29 different bands/concerts. Only one of these bands used Schecter guitars on stage. Most of the bands used instruments from brands like ESP, Gibson, Jackson, Ibanez, while a surprising amount of players actually appeared to use custom/more boutique gear.

Didn't see any Dingwall basses either, which surprised me as well.

I know there was a time when Schecter thrived on guitars loaded with active pickups and somewhat gauge looks, but I think they offer a lot more than that these days with some really cool and classy designs, as well as spec options that should suit every need.

Maybe there'll be more Schecters represented on stage the coming years?
Who knows, right?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Reaction score
I was at a metal festival recently, and over the course of 4 days I saw 29 different bands/concerts. Only one of these bands used Schecter guitars on stage. Most of the bands used instruments from brands like ESP, Gibson, Jackson, Ibanez, while a surprising amount of players actually appeared to use custom/more boutique gear.

I know there was a time when Schecter thrived on guitars loaded with active pickups and somewhat gauge looks, but I think they offer a lot more than that these days with some really cool and classy designs, as well as spec options that should suit every need.

Who knows, right?

Here in Aus Schecter was huge arounf 2010-ish, diamond models everywhere, now they have fallen off the radar because the distribution went to shit. The distributor stopped having them in stock and moved to order only which kinda killed things. If the US anything like here, I suspect that there's just simply more of other brands on the shelf.

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Who knows, right?

Yup, they offer a lot of cool stuff, but:

- most of the cool stuff they offer performs great and sounds badass, but still looks great for a home player or a semi amateur. If I was to hit a big stage with a metal band and had to use a Schecter I'd likely go with Evil Twin, because most other series look somehow gaudy or not aggressive enough. And I dig roman numbers as inlays, which is something most players don't. There's sort of a metal guitar dress code in the genre, which is why I've personally never seen many pro players gigging their blue faded to dark pink burst sparkle bevel kiesel. It just doesn't look metal, same goes for everything stained in flamed purple/red/blue/green. Maybe only Gibson can make exceptions;

- Schecter mostly refuse to offer premium endorsements with free gear and stuff. Actually I guess very few brands are doing such ATM, but schecter isn't one of them. In that case, the brand owner must be somehow influential, and Ola might be just enough to have his guitars played by some major metal acts; in the other hand, Mike Ciravolo likely isn't even a metal fan, so he doesn't really want the brand to be enormously associated with that music especially since the brand was (wrongly) labeled as metal-only for some reason in the past.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
Here in Aus Schecter was huge arounf 2010-ish, diamond models everywhere, now they have fallen off the radar because the distribution went to shit. The distributor stopped having them in stock and moved to order only which kinda killed things. If the US anything like here, I suspect that there's just simply more of other brands on the shelf.
Nah schecter is still going strong in the USA ime. I see tons of them here. I was at my local guitar center and they had multiple silver mountain models and the E7.