New Schecter Models Megathread

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

They sort of wanted to keep the USA line as more traditionalist and classic looking/sounding (with some obvious exceptions), while delivering the new/avant-garde/weird/one off designs with the import series, which I honestly agree; consider that every time Schecter made an import version of their Traditional/Strat style models (happened various times during the years) it was a super flop.. In such sense the NJ series is almost miraculous

mbardu and Masoo2 like this.
  2. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Look at this man, https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/mij-esp-made-schecter-japan-7-string-eu-worldwide.323038/ goddddddddd

As someone who didn't pay attention to Schecter that much up until the Blackjack SLS/ATX era, I honestly loved seeing the success of the NJ series. However, my guess is that it's success was based on the rising popularity of the "traditional but not" guitar attached with Instagram-core musicians, such as Suhr and Mateus Asato, Polyphia and all of their shenanigans, pickupjazz, etc.

Prior to all of that though, did Schecter ever try to release an Anderson-style Drop Top/Drop Top Classic import model? Or was it just more basic stuff like strats/teles, maybe with like a humbucker in the bridge?

mbardu likes this.