New Rammstein song and album (April 29th)

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Also one thing I'll never get is how Christoph's drumming peaked with LIFAD, and the following tour, but we never got that drumming again. It's like he was forced to tone it the fuck down for Untitled. Zeit is definitely an improvement, though.

A lot of four on the floor. It really drives songs like Zick Zack

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it's a good album. It sounds polished like the last two and the tone is typical signature. I appreciate when Flake gets to shine which in recent years seems to be the case more often. All in all it's a great record although the lyrics in these songs ring darker than usual to me. maybe it's the existentialism, maybe they just hit more relevant. It definitely feels more personal in a few parts. Or more relatable to me anyway. I really can't stomach Zeit. It makes my eyes water every time.

Good stuff to go on the playlist for sure. The album as a whole... not so sure.

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like the song. The video I think is actually a bit underwhelming by Rammstein standards. I think Zick Zack was better for sure, this one just doesn't have that much going on. Oh well, nobody can hit a homerun every time I guess, and they're still the kings of music videos to me :D

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like the song. The video I think is actually a bit underwhelming by Rammstein standards. I think Zick Zack was better for sure, this one just doesn't have that much going on. Oh well, nobody can hit a homerun every time I guess, and they're still the kings of music videos to me :D
It did feel kinda pointless, but it was fun I guess. :lol: Seems like they wanted to re-do the Rosenrot video but make it less serious because of the tone of the song.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Bump because this article *cough*KemperAdvertisement*cough* was posted showing off Richard's Kemper rig.
TL;DR:

4 Kempers for the main sound
1 left and 1 right, for FOH
1 left and 1 right, running into Mesa 2:90 power amps into cabs onstage
1 acting as a multi-FX going into the input of 2 Rectos which also run on-stage

Also can see a couple of Gamechanger Plasma rackmount units. Richard fucking LOVES those things.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
This album doesn't do much for me right now, especially compared with the last record which was possibly their strongest start to finish.