New Rammstein song and album (April 29th)

estin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Listening to zickzack right now, pretty decent. Kinda has that mutter sound with the clean power chord rhythm section and big choir like synth pads. guitar tones have that course grainy sans-amp sound I always liked too.

Razerjack

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Zeit was outstanding, totally surprised me with the dynamic and emotions. Zick zack was pretty generic, the riff and melody are as formulaic as you can imagine, and looking at the tracklist I expect a few more of those 'stock' Rammstein numbers.
At the end of the day, the band is untouchable at this point anyway, they can not release a single new song and continue to sell out stadiums for as long as they wish.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
At this point Rammstein has become to me a "more of the same" band with little interest for their new releases. Their video clips are usually neat so I watch them once and that's it.

estin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Zeit was outstanding, totally surprised me with the dynamic and emotions. Zick zack was pretty generic, the riff and melody are as formulaic as you can imagine, and looking at the tracklist I expect a few more of those 'stock' Rammstein numbers.
At the end of the day, the band is untouchable at this point anyway, they can not release a single new song and continue to sell out stadiums for as long as they wish.
interesting, i had the opposite experience. thought zickzack was solid and classic rammstein. zeit kinda felt like spoon fed theatre to me. *shrugs*

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some of the criticisms towards Zick Zack are weird because it sounds like a proper Rammstein song to me. The song structures and riffs were always simple, and those choruses were always there. It sounds like something straight from Mutter, same vein as Ich Will and Spieluhr. Zeit is definitely something different.

estin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^ i agree, songs like zeit is why i fell off the rammstein train years ago.

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some of the criticisms towards Zick Zack are weird because it sounds like a proper Rammstein song to me. The song structures and riffs were always simple, and those choruses were always there. It sounds like something straight from Mutter, same vein as Ich Will and Spieluhr. Zeit is definitely something different.

On Mutter the songs had heavy as fuck riffs which were allowed to stand on their own and really were the foundation of the songs. Simple yes but played with conviction and allowed to shine. On Zick Zack the riff seems to just be back-up for the vocal parts, sitting there in the background as if it doesn't want to offend anybody. And it doesn't feel heavy except for a short bit right at the end of the song with some heavy palm mutes.

And the chorus on Zick Zack is way more dancy pop than they used to be. The chords are more cliché and the vibe is way more lighthearted compared to Mutter songs.

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How would you guys rank the albums so far?

I think for me it's

1. Mutter
2. Rosenrot
3. Reise Reise
4. Sehnsucht
5. Herzeleid
6. S/t
7. Liebe ist für alle da

But in the middle they're pretty close and there's nothing I flat out dislike except for maybe a few songs here and there.

NazVonGates

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Whoever makes their videos is out of this world. I'm using a asus color grading monitor in 4k and I thought I was watching in 4k. Super well done and the band could probably make a movie if they wanted.

Kolaniak

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This band's music is only enjoyable if you don't understand German.

Kolaniak

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would disagree with that, I like a lot of the lyrics :D

Which of the lyrics don't you enjoy?

It would be easier to list the songs that I more or less like. Ohne Dich and Morgenstern are very good. Most of the lyrics are either stupidly simple or vulgar.

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It would be easier to list the songs that I more or less like. Ohne Dich and Morgenstern are very good. Most of the lyrics are either stupidly simple or vulgar.

Ok! Some favorites that come to mind for me are Feuer und Wasser and Stein um Stein. But also I happen to like the vulgar ones. BÜCK DICH!! REIN, RAUS :D

Kolaniak

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ok! Some favorites that come to mind for me are Feuer und Wasser and Stein um Stein. But also I happen to like the vulgar ones. BÜCK DICH!! REIN, RAUS :D

That is akin to liking momma jokes. I don't see any entertainment value in songs about those topics. It is...what do they call it? Entartet.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I’m really digging Zick Zack. I like the simple but effective riffs and I enjoy the message

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Love the band, I’ll get this regardless. Seeing them in September (barring any crazy worldwide illness)
Same, soldier field in Chicago for me. Been postponed enough and dunno if I can handle any more heh.