New poor man's Mayones by Ibanez

mikah912

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got mine today. Is pretty much what you'd expect for what it is.
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

The pickups are alright but not my cup of tea. Gonna put in Nailbombs. Not sure whether I'm going to go hot pink for a Miami guitar or with camo covers or something else.

I think it looks cool! I like the real life photos.

Did you get that at a Guitar Center or at a smaller, independent shop?

Rawkmann

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got mine today. Is pretty much what you'd expect for what it is.
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

The pickups are alright but not my cup of tea. Gonna put in Nailbombs. Not sure whether I'm going to go hot pink for a Miami guitar or with camo covers or something else.

I really like that as well, are You satisfied with the overall quality and feel?

rewihendrix

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I still cant deal with the stupid choice for the switches positions *facepalm*

yeah. I can't even think of what to do about it because I'd want to move that volume knob somewhere but there's no tone pot to switch out

I suppose just having a full time volume pedal would be ok.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I think it looks cool! I like the real life photos.

Did you get that at a Guitar Center or at a smaller, independent shop?

Actually I bought it online from American Musical Supply. I was worried about buying it sight unseen, but I had just cleared some guitars so I thought it was worth a shot.

I really like that as well, are You satisfied with the overall quality and feel?

Yeah it's pretty solid I have to say. I need some more time with it than the hour I had before work today to really check it out but it does seem pretty nifty overall.
Something you should expect going in, and that I was ready for, is that because it's just a veneer over an open-pore style mahogany finish, there are spots where's it's kind of sucked into the pores. It looks like little dents or scratches at first but that's what it is. If it's something that matters to you, I would buy in person, but I know it's just a veneer so I don't care.
The finish REALLY pops though which is surprising. I'm not used to veneers with such a 3d quality.

SonicBlur

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I played one at a Sam Ash and I was very happy with it....in fact, if I had a credit card with me I probably would have bought it. However, I still have a hard time spending the $899 for this while there are used S Prestiges available. I am hoping once these become available used the price will be more of a deal.

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
I played one at a Sam Ash and I was very happy with it....in fact, if I had a credit card with me I probably would have bought it. However, I still have a hard time spending the $899 for this while there are used S Prestiges available. I am hoping once these become available used the price will be more of a deal.

I'm with you on that. I picked up some small stuff at Samash the other day and saw it behind the counter. Didn't want to even bother asking to check it out. You know these suckers will be $500-600 on the used market in a year.