Reaction score
No no, THIS is a poor-man's Mayones:

bmg02.jpg

Can't work out if sarcastic or not... but if not:

YOU DID NOT just say that.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I'll hold judgement til I see it in natural lighting instead of whatever they used for this. Doubt it's going to be mindblowing, but somewhat better.

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
:ugh: Those gradual gradients, or lack of.

A true Brazilian burst, :lol:

yeah Ibanez havent been famous for their gradients. Works well? for the uotside burst, but for the inside :ugh:

now, that photo they have the camera settings all wrong. The white balance is all over the place

this is a bit more accurate

tpvyz2rrhc8ypd3qhkzt-3.jpg

and I did this fix using that reverb pic, so not the best to work with, as opposed to using the raw file. These colors are reaaaaaaally tricky to get right on the white balance, any tinny movement of the slider and it changes the look of it completely.

If you guys remember the first real pics of the jackson bulb, it had the same issue, people thinking it was "green"

Fenceclimber

Plays guitar, reads SSO
Reaction score
IMO they look great, if I ever need a new hardtail six string, I might get one.

Science_Penguin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't work out if sarcastic or not... but if not:

YOU DID NOT just say that.

Oh yes I did...

Nah, but, that's actually a personal joke. Years ago, I found one of those at a pawn shop, saw the M logo and the teardroppy headstock and thought "Oh sh.t... I find a Mayones, and it's REAL cheap!"
Then I looked at the fine print.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
What's so funny? The Core was officially announced before (!) the release of the El Cheapo Ibby.

Because the S came first. Many companies make burst guitars, only Ibanez made the S. It's that simple.

Also an "el cheapo" prestige S >>> similarly priced Setius any day

Aymara

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Because the S came first.

Yeah, my statement might have sounded funny, but the Core was already announced last year, if I remember that correctly.

similarly priced Setius any day

And I surely would prefer the Setius ... I tested the Alpha in a shop and for 1500€ it's a real bargain, when you see it's quality. Time will tell, if the Ibby can compete here ... I'm pretty sceptic.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, my statement might have sounded funny, but the Core was already announced last year, if I remember that correctly.

And I surely would prefer the Setius ... I tested the Alpha in a shop and for 1500€ it's a real bargain, when you see it's quality. Time will tell, if the Ibby can compete here ... I'm pretty sceptic.

And the S was released like 30 years ago...

And the setius alpha is a bargain at nearly $2k? With such basic specs and a tune o matic bridge? Reviews on the setius quality isn't great either.

pott

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a Setius GTM which I paid 1.5k Euros for, and it wasn't amazing. Decent guitar which sounded very pretty, but with subtle construction issues (which I missed when I was in the shop): misaligned side-dots (my pet peeve) and some dust specks under the finish.

If a GTM used to cost 1.5k, I wouldn't call the Alpha bargains for the same price... Have all Setius costs gone up?

Vede

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Come on, you know the second you saw this, the first thing that came to mind was Mayones. It's nearly a clone of the Djentleman Regius. :lol:

Mayones-Regius-RF61405162_zpsd7fa6335.jpg

Pretty obvious Ibanez is trying to get into the bootique crowd with the funky looking RGD and these Sabers.

And yes, I want one. :lol:

EDIT: ...., the one with the trem is blackburst only. :(

Hey! That's my Mayo! Wasn't expecting to see it in this thread! Amazing instrument. And I agree Ibanez is aping the color, which I don't mind at all - I love that color and I've always wanted an S with a reverse headstock, so I'm definitely in, assuming build quality is decent. I think it's great Ibanez is making something like this at a mass-market price point.

Aymara

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have all Setius costs gone up?

I tested a Setius Alpha 6 in a shop, that costed 1450€ and was a very good guitar ... I personally like TOM bridges on 6-string guitars, because I was a long time Les Paul player, who uses a lot of palm muting.

Btw ... when I saw Tesseract live this year, I noticed that Acle Kahney used his Regius Signature only for a few songs. For all others he used a Setius 7. So ... would he have done that, if the Setius would be a mediocre guitar?

SonicBlur

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can't wait to buy this SIX6FDFM one day. I can't justify ever spending the cost of a Mayones for me dicking around at home. That Ibanez looks great, a few mods and it'll sound perfect. My plan is to wait until they start hitting the used market, because I also can't justify buying an Iron Label for Prestige cash.

FourT6and2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love Mayones as much as the next guy... but the cost in the US is ridiculous. $3-6k?

Then don't buy from a US dealer. I just got this one from a shop in Europe and had it shipped. Got a great price (well under $3k) and free shipping. Customs/tax was $175. Total came out to be less than the price of used one :)

photo_1_by_haftelm-dab2qa3.jpg

photo_2_by_haftelm-dab2q9t.jpg

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
Got mine today. Is pretty much what you'd expect for what it is.
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

The pickups are alright but not my cup of tea. Gonna put in Nailbombs. Not sure whether I'm going to go hot pink for a Miami guitar or with camo covers or something else.

Latest posts