New Playthrough - A Necessary Evil (Melancholic, and fat nu / prog metal)

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Got around to shoot another playthrough with my singer Michael. It's my personal favorite of my last EP Roots, and seems to be the favorite track for most of my followers. :agreed:

Definitely check it out whether you've already heard the song or not. For those who aren't familiar with my work - A Necessary Evil (along with the whole EP) is a mix of melancholic and moody nu metal fused with more progressive elements.

The instrumentation is fat, not too processed nor cut up like a lot of modern metal productions and the vocals are real and raw, Michael's always very invested when we work together and it shows.

I'm using a PRS Mike Mushok Baritone with a BKP Painkiller in the bridge, my trusty Harley Benton 6 String bass with Kalium strings tuned to a low F# - both are running through my Line 6 Pod HD for all guitar and bass tones.

Tell me what you think! Would love a chat or two and hear your thoughts. :)

Cheers!

IdentityDevice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dig this a lot man. I'm a fellow PRS Mike Mushok user.....and 6 six bass player :) You make the POD HD work for you man I gotta say. Love the way your playthrough looks as well. I'm still learning how to get lighting right and just put video's together. Just released a playthrough as well but it looks terrible compared to this hahaha. I followed ya on FB and YouTube. Great job man! Killer stuff.

IdentityDevice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also man, I have a FB group called 6 string baritone guitars. Feel free to join and promote your stuff there if ya'd like!

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
I dig this a lot man. I'm a fellow PRS Mike Mushok user.....and 6 six bass player :) You make the POD HD work for you man I gotta say. Love the way your playthrough looks as well. I'm still learning how to get lighting right and just put video's together. Just released a playthrough as well but it looks terrible compared to this hahaha. I followed ya on FB and YouTube. Great job man! Killer stuff.

Dude thank you haha, the POD really works well if you figure out its quirks, and if you're going after a specific tone. Also glad you like the music as well as the video "production", if you can even call it that. I don't have any lighting equipment whatsoever, I just pointed every light I had on the ceiling to me hahaha. :lol: Glad you enjoyed it though. If I can give one tip, just get things bright. I've got no fancy equipment or a fancy camera, just my smartphone and a little tripod.

Also man, I have a FB group called 6 string baritone guitars. Feel free to join and promote your stuff there if ya'd like!

Done! Waiting for your approval. ;-)