New pickups for my 7 string; A-bomb vs C-bomb vs Cold Sweat?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Simic, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Simic

Simic SS.org Regular

Hey!

I'll be changing pickups in my RAN Crusher 7 string soon and I've narrowed my choices down to a few pickups.

Firstly, the specs are: mahogany body, walnut top, wenge neck with maple strips, macassar ebony board, 27' scale.
    I'm playing through an Orange Rockerverb MK II + Zilla 2x12 Fatboy.

As far as the bridge pickup goes, I'm stuck between the C-bomb, A-bomb and Cold sweat. From what I gathered the CS and the C-bomb are best used in darker guitar since they're somewhat brighter, while the A-bomb has warmer highs. I'm not sure if my guitar is considered dark or not and which pickup would be the best fit. :scratch:

For the neck, I'll go with either a CS or a NB. I already have a guitar with a CS neck and it's wonderful, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the NB neck - is it really far more agressive and trebly?

2. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

In a week or so I'll be receiving my Ran 7 with very similar specs to yours, I went for C-bomb and CS, I'll be able to tell you how it results if you can wait :)

3. Simic

Simic SS.org Regular

Nice, can't wait to hear back from you :)

Has anyone else had experience with those 3 pickups? How they compare etc. :)