New pickup day! Lundgren content....

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by dxjxrose, Aug 26, 2019.

1. dxjxrose

dxjxrose SS.org Regular

New lundgren black heavens showed up finally... I had them custom built with the fiber triangle style base plate. They are alil thin once you open the hole up to fit a direct mount screw but i think it should be ok. Thoughts IMG_20190826_160703_compress19.jpg IMG_20190826_160749_compress29.jpg

2. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

Try them and tell us!!

HNPD!!

Edika likes this.
  3. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Love the Black Heaven I have in my Mayones. Great pickups.

4. dxjxrose

dxjxrose SS.org Regular

I know ill love the pickups just alil concerned with the mounting ears being so thin

5. lyonk55

lyonk55 SS.org Regular

Nice to see more of those base plate styles. I fancy changing pickups in my JP15 and thought I was stuck with Dimarzios.

What are they going in?

6. dxjxrose

dxjxrose SS.org Regular

kiesel

7. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

What's so nice about plastic baseplates? Mounting tabs that can be easily broken? The ones on my Elysians snaped when installing them and had to send them back to make the ear tabs thicker.

I'm very courious about the Black Heavens, though.

8. lyonk55

lyonk55 SS.org Regular

I mean, it's less about them being "nice" and more that some makers have decided to route their guitars for them. It looks very neat on the finished guitar, but it's a pain if you ever want to change pickups without routing the body. It would be nice to have more options than just Dimarzios, which are themselves special orders.

9. dxjxrose

dxjxrose SS.org Regular

base plates arent plastic like the elysians these are composite like dimarzios

10. dxjxrose

dxjxrose SS.org Regular

i have elysians in my km7 they have plasitic plates i dont like the plates at all very flimsy

Emperoff likes this.
  11. soldierkahn

soldierkahn BAD MAMMA-JAMMA Contributor

i swear by these! I have a set in one of my RG970XLs, the other set is in my RGD2120Z, and as of last week when my RG2027XLS arrived, i have a set in it as well. I plan on getting another set to put in my second RG970XL, but before I do that I was recommended the BareKnuckle Nailbomb ceramic based on the tuning i use on it (Drop A#) so i want to test drive a ceramic Nailbomb before deciding to throw another Black Heaven set in it.

So far, Ive loved the 6 string versions above everything else, but Im struggling to accurately rate their 7 string counterpart because the stainless frets of the 2027XLS are throwing a lot of treble into the mix, just like when I had my RGA6UCS. Im giving the guitar my 30-day trial period before making the final call on it, but even if the guitar gets sold/traded, im going to hang on to the Black heavens to put it in the replacement. Initially Im going to try and trade it straight for a DCM100 (since I wont need the Black Heavens with that one), as that is a guarenteed verified win in my book, but if I trade it off for a mint RG1077XL or sell it, the Black Heavens will stay with me.

12. dxjxrose

dxjxrose SS.org Regular

i love the pickups in my kiesel so far... had elysians in it but the didnt like the black limba i think so they are in my mki km7 and the sound pretty rad in that guitar... im thinking about ordering a black heaven for my Ibanez RGDIX6MPB but was worried it wouldnt be grindy enough for a 6 string

13. Politics of Ecstasy

Politics of Ecstasy OG Shredder

I was comparing the M7 to the EMG 81 and its a weird thing, they are, now this grammar/syntax is going to be awkward but ill just say , they sounded “kinda like each other” at the same time there was a depth and growl that the M7 had while the 81 sounded slightly more sterile/cold as youd expect an active would....but what boggles my mind is how powerful the Lundgren is and its a passive pickup. I kind of think it has more character, more edge, and more punch than the 81, but for clean/non metal passages, the 81 obviously had that slight edge that you expect from actives.

Anyway, I would love to throw in an M7 into my universe, but I just simply will not modify that guitar

14. MSS

MSS SS.org Regular

Love the Black Heaven’s!

15. Politics of Ecstasy

Politics of Ecstasy OG Shredder

What’s the difference between the Black Heaven and the M model? I didn’t see any “dimarzio” like graphs, but I’m interested because I love the Lundgren M7/8.

16. Krucifixtion

Krucifixtion Duncan Hills

I have a Vader VM7 and looking to get some different pickups in there and love Lundgrens. How did you go about custom ordering these? Would they be able to custom build something like this and with the angle for multi-scale and also do you think the Black Heavens would work with an Ash body and maple top with stainless frets or too bright and clear for those wood choices?

17. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Special needs member

My favorite pickup for metal.

MSS likes this.
  18. MSS

MSS SS.org Regular

I just ordered one too! I sent them Guitarmory Patriot pups and strings. I may regret that since I generally do all my installs and setups but we shall see...

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

The black heavens are definitely not my first choice for a bright guitar. Awesome pickups, but they work better in a warmer sounding guitar ime.

20. Marked Man

Marked Man SS.org Regular

Better yet, show us a vid/clip!!