New LTD Models: 2022 edition

estin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was slowly getting there but the pandemic expedited the fuck out of it.
Also idk if I said it here or in another thread, but it's not just LTD. People are singling out ESP, but Schecter, Jackson/Charvel, BC Rich, Dean, and etc are all unveiling $1500+ Korean-made fiddles on the regular.
yeah I am seeing $1550 made in China Jacksons now. Unreal.....

Ammusa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn these prices are wild! I was looking for a fixed bridge HH six string model. I was checking out my local ESP dealers site in hunt for an E-II models. F**k me, the cheapest E-II was 1899€ (2000USD)! And if I understood correctly, the E-II wood milling are done in China and only final assembly and finishing are done in Japan, so they can stamp the "Made In Japan" on the headstock. I've tried few new LTD's and I have to give them credit for the quality on those, but still the prices are high.

So after all I went for an Ibanez RGR652 and payed only 1300€ for brand new "Made In Japan" Ibby. Yes, another dull black guitar with quite conventional specs, but correct me if I'm wrong, Ibanez makes they're Prestige line from scratch in Fujigen factory.

Millul

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn these prices are wild! I was looking for a fixed bridge HH six string model. I was checking out my local ESP dealers site in hunt for an E-II models. F**k me, the cheapest E-II was 1899€ (2000USD)! And if I understood correctly, the E-II wood milling are done in China and only final assembly and finishing are done in Japan, so they can stamp the "Made In Japan" on the headstock. I've tried few new LTD's and I have to give them credit for the quality on those, but still the prices are high.

So after all I went for an Ibanez RGR652 and payed only 1300€ for brand new "Made In Japan" Ibby. Yes, another dull black guitar with quite conventional specs, but correct me if I'm wrong, Ibanez makes they're Prestige line from scratch in Fujigen factory.

Well, if you're fine with the Super Wizard neck, few guitars are "better" than a RG652 - great choice! (persoanlly, I still give ESP the edge, but loved my 652)

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score

Not true. They’re made in Japan 100%.

vortex_infinium

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Its also a 24.75" scale length if that interests you.
The fact that this and the Mike Schleibaum Arrow both are Gibson scale was a disappointment for me.

Didn't catch that! I remember the SD-2 announcement and thought it looked awesome, then forgot about it until I was randomly checking out the ESP website a few days ago, and once again thought it looked awesome. I might have a case of the pointies...

I have a couple Peavy EXPs (24.75" scale) I've been looking to upgrade into something nicer and that Goatwhore model is looking to fit.

There's no production / recent production Schuldiners in that price range are there?

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone seen the new '22s in the wild yet?
The release dates got pushed back to "whenever the fuck we can get them out there", as expected. :lol:
So i just checked ESP's website on the new guitars, and their estimate of "By May 31st" is now "Throughout 2022"

2104b269955d43270caad4ce2e6d5288.png

Fully expected this to happen, given how hard it's hitting brands like Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, etc, but yeah. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
It was $1500 - $1600 when it was released. Shows you how expensive guitars got the pased 5 years. :lol:
Also just to prove it even further; the JR-7 was $1999 just a few months ago. Now it's $2099.

I stand corrected lol. I didnt realize they were that old yet :D

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Even after all these years, I still am not tired of the F/FRX/Forest shapes.

But, I have question: Is it a think for metal basses to only have a bridge pickup? I know it is for guitars, and I know for low tuning on basses a more treble sound is good, but I didn't know this was a thing.

original.png

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Even after all these years, I still am not tired of the F/FRX/Forest shapes.

But, I have question: Is it a think for metal basses to only have a bridge pickup? I know it is for guitars, and I know for low tuning on basses a more treble sound is good, but I didn't know this was a thing.

original.png

It's funny because I always thought of the single-pickup thing as more of a jazz/funk thing. I don't see many metal basses with the single bridge pickup unless it's a Music Man or Stingray clone. Even then that's not 100% bridge pickup, it's usually called the "sweet spot".

EDIT: I also always thought the bridge pickup solo'd sounds awful for rock/metal mixes. :lol:

Also I'm surprised it took this long to get a Mirage bass.

Last edited: