New LTD Models: 2022 edition

BlueTrident

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As much as I love this new release, the price increase will be substantial. That’s the one thing that turns me off from modern LTDs, as much as I love the specs or models, it’s the bang for the buck where I personally feel they’re lacking.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As much as I love this new release, the price increase will be substantial. That’s the one thing that turns me off from modern LTDs, as much as I love the specs or models, it’s the bang for the buck where I personally feel they’re lacking.

It's all over unfortunately. Seems like Ibanez, Schecter, Dean, BCR, etc, are all getting drastic price hikes.

PromptCritical5

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It actually did start with James Hetfield's car obsession and the Truckster. Found it's way onto the other Hetfield sigs. Guess ESP though "hey lets try something similar on this new line of guitars" and it's been a blemish on that line ever since.

...I find it funny though, how Richard Kruspe of Rammstein had his own Truckster, saw the logo, and was like "nah". Had it taken off and a regular ESP logo spraypainted on. :lol:

richard_zven_kruspe_uses_esp_james_hetfield_truckster_electric_guitar_distressed_satin_black_1_e5c7397dc7.jpg

But Hetfield's raised ESP/LTD logos actually look good. The BM/AM are so bad they make the KH-3 style logos look good in comparison :facepalm:

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How slick would they look with just a flat black silk screen?

Flat black on gloss black, or vice versa looks amazing. Subtle, but very visible.
I refinished a parts Jackson headstock the same way.

Untitled.jpg
Bad pic, but this was flat black headstock with a gloss black logo.

But yeah, I also hate the Black Metal LTD logo.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Flat black on gloss black, or vice versa looks amazing. Subtle, but very visible.
I refinished a parts Jackson headstock the same way.

View attachment 102243
Bad pic, but this was flat black headstock with a gloss black logo.

But yeah, I also hate the Black Metal LTD logo.

ESP please do this yesterday.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
It’s interesting the series is called black metal yet they put the most bro metal logo on them. Even an unledgable metal style font would be cooler.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Yeah I hate that raised logo on the black metal series. Why didn't they just do a "blacked out" version of the standard LTD logo? Does anyone know if it's possible to remove it without destroying the clear coat? I'm really considering that EX 7 string, but that logo is obnoxious.

Jeffrey Bain

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think we all universally hate the raised logo. I know it put me off buying one lol

Mk7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I hate that raised logo on the black metal series. Why didn't they just do a "blacked out" version of the standard LTD logo? Does anyone know if it's possible to remove it without destroying the clear coat? I'm really considering that EX 7 string, but that logo is obnoxious.
It actually fell off my 7 String Baritone Viper. It leaves the mounting holes visible but still much better than the logo.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...Someone else brought it up earlier but a Black Metal MH would be slick as fuck. Carved top but with no binding. Always liked that look.

I'd prefer it over an H because god knows ESP will use the shitty Schecter knockoff headstock.

Jeffrey Bain

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...Someone else brought it up earlier but a Black Metal MH would be slick as fuck. Carved top but with no binding. Always liked that look.

I'd prefer it over an H because god knows ESP will use the shitty Schecter knockoff headstock.

That would look awesome, would get some Andy James vibes from that for sure (less the binding he has on his)

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
I knew last year the price increases would be drastic, that’s mostly why I bought a PRs se hollowbody a USA ce24, an LTD mh1007 and arrow 1000. Than I topped it off with a Japanese ESP original series horizon. They’re going to be worth even more in two years time.