New LTD Models: 2022 edition

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Indeed, but is it the market or the industry? Guitar development has been very moderate and slow.

It's the market. IIRC there was a lot of complaints about Gibson using Richlite, so they went back to wood. When Aristides did it people seem fine with it, but that's in their wheelhouse of making an entirely manmade guitar. I feel like trying it again these days would lead to better results... I hope.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I am personally the most excited about the 201 models. I love the idea of a guitar that pared down. If the price tag is as manageable as I hope, I would love to pick one up.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
I expect phase II and III (if there is a 3) to focus mostly on basses, lefties and EII stuff.

A lot of new stuff, way more than Ibanez. I am surprised that they are adding to the 87 line. I didn't think it sold very well.

original.png

I've wanted a purple guitar for a few years now, I just hope it's a little more purple in person.
Watch the ESP presents 2022 video on YouTube, that one is shown at 10:30 and they show actual footage of it. It’s a cool purple.

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember when metallica sig LTD's were $1200.
And you don't even live in Europe, or Australia, or Canada...buying used is becoming a major thing lately, and I can see why.
Personally I don't even find any use in purchasing high end guitars for metal, as imho the choice of great playing and sounding guitars that fit the bill great for sub 1k is so huge I just can't justify paying much more, I'd rather save for amps.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Here in the US we only got the one Jessie Liu E-II sig for 2 years. That's it. Technically we also got the Babymetal but it was only through special order for a couple of months.
Yep, and that Baby Metal one (at least the one with the trem) was dang expensive. I wanted it, but couldn't rationalize dropping that kind of cash on it.

I play music

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Indeed, and this might be just me, but Richlite is such an obvious answer to black fretboards. Similar to stainless steel frets. Some folks want traditional, but I think they're in the minority at this point plus there's plenty of choice for traditional things already.

Indeed, but is it the market or the industry? Guitar development has been very moderate and slow.
I think a lot of businesses have built around those ideas and market accordingly telling you how their pickup plastic type affects the sound and so on because if guitarists would be less stubborn then a lot of those businesses would go out of business because others can produce the same more efficiently

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
EX baritone 7-strings eh???
original.png

This has “One Model Year” written all over it. I’d buy this ASAP if you want one.

More like
Random star
That's it
More Random Star period.

*Sex Machineguns Intensifies*

Some cool selections, but I wish there were more Arrows. It’s one of the best V shapes out there, and there’s historically very little in their 7 string line up.

We gotta buy what they put out. V’s are a shape most brands only “risk” if there’s demand. IE Jackson pretty much only making cheap ones or RR stripe finish for many model years.

If we all just replaced ebony with richlite and/or ebanol, we wouldn't have issues like dry, cracked fretboard or uneven streaking (it's a taste thing, I know). But noooo blues boomers gotta complain. :lol:

bUt mAh tOnEwOoD

I am personally the most excited about the 201 models. I love the idea of a guitar that pared down. If the price tag is as manageable as I hope, I would love to pick one up.

I think you’re right in that these have to be aiming at the $299/399/499 price point. Inflations been nuts I’m not even going to guess.

I remember when metallica sig LTD's were $1200.

Daydreaming about KH2’s all day.

I remember when the bolt-on KH-2 was $1,600 :wallbash:

Read my mind.

I remember then they were all under $900. :lol:

Used KH2’s. “Is $950 too much?”

And you don't even live in Europe, or Australia, or Canada...buying used is becoming a major thing lately, and I can see why.
Personally I don't even find any use in purchasing high end guitars for metal, as imho the choice of great playing and sounding guitars that fit the bill great for sub 1k is so huge I just can't justify paying much more, I'd rather save for amps.

I did that then got an FM3 now I’m like… what do I even buy anymore? Lol. Fucking sucks.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
We gotta buy what they put out. V’s are a shape most brands only “risk” if there’s demand. IE Jackson pretty much only making cheap ones or RR stripe finish for many model years.
Yeah, and I'm the king of obscure specs that no one but me will buy. I only mentioned 7 string Arrows because I knew if I said 8 string Arrows I'd be laughed out of the thread. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score