New LTD Models: 2022 edition

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
2013 - 2016 was interesting because you had all these brands releasing 8 strings pretty frequently. I think I noticed ~2017 companies were releasing less and less 8-strings.

Yep. Seems to have dropped hard too in 2019 and then Corona came in and put a further hurting on them.

Kind of feels like the mid-90s regarding 8 strings now, but not as bad. At least there are more custom options to choose from.

Reaction score
Now y'all know I don't deal with superstrats..but this right here? I wanna play this in a store and I'll be looking for them at GC

original.png

And for some reason...a mahogany body Viper with a maple cap just sends me. I love the finish too.

original.png

These satin charcoal finishes are wonderful. Goddamn ESP..you be doin' it.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Reaction score
Some cool selections, but I wish there were more Arrows. It’s one of the best V shapes out there, and there’s historically very little in their 7 string line up.

There's exactly 7 models, 5 of which are Jesse Liu signatures (2 CS Artist Models, 2 E-II models and one ESP standard that was rebadged to be one of the E-II models), one is the Baby Metal sig and the last one is the plain black E-II. There's been more signature 7 string arrows released than standard ones

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's exactly 7 models, 5 of which are Jesse Liu signatures (2 CS Artist Models, 2 E-II models and one ESP standard that was rebadged to be one of the E-II models), one is the Baby Metal sig and the last one is the plain black E-II. There's been more signature 7 string arrows released than standard ones
Here in the US we only got the one Jessie Liu E-II sig for 2 years. That's it. Technically we also got the Babymetal but it was only through special order for a couple of months.

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I expect phase II and III (if there is a 3) to focus mostly on basses, lefties and EII stuff.

A lot of new stuff, way more than Ibanez. I am surprised that they are adding to the 87 line. I didn't think it sold very well.

original.png

I've wanted a purple guitar for a few years now, I just hope it's a little more purple in person.

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah... Last year it seemed like it was easier to get guitars from ESP than Ibanez or (insert Fender brand here). Which is kind of strange because ESP guitars historically has been hard to come by.

ESP are saying that these should ship by May.

But then again..... Shipping is one thing, actually making it to land is another thing.

Joe B

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow ESP! My faves:
-SN 7string hardtail, bolt on, fishmans
-EX 7 black satin
-H3 7 deluxe
-All the 201 LTDs black satin with single Humbucker
-Viper and EC 6string baritones
-EC full thickness models
-And waiting for some new signatures in future phases

...It will be a very hard decision to choose!

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really like those 1 pup guitars from 200 to 1000, including golden custom. I just don't like ebony fb everywhere. They crack. One of thr reasons why 200 series with hardware upgrade is a solid buy, imo.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really like those 1 pup guitars from 200 to 1000, including golden custom. I just don't like ebony fb everywhere. They crack. One of thr reasons why 200 series with hardware upgrade is a solid buy, imo.

If we all just replaced ebony with richlite and/or ebanol, we wouldn't have issues like dry, cracked fretboard or uneven streaking (it's a taste thing, I know). But noooo blues boomers gotta complain. :lol:

PromptCritical5

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If we all just replaced ebony with richlite and/or ebanol, we wouldn't have issues like dry, cracked fretboard or uneven streaking (it's a taste thing, I know). But noooo blues boomers gotta complain. :lol:

I could see that for Gibson or even Jackson lately, but I don't think most "modern metal" brands would get much if any pushback if they made the switch.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
It frustrates me tremendously that this has a TOM.

Don't think there's ever been a Horizon 3 with a hardtail bridge, it's TOM or Floyd. Which I don't get, I'm fairly sure 7-string folks usually prefer a Hipshot style bridge these days.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But noooo blues boomers gotta complain. :lol:

Honestly, I've been at this for a looooooooong time, and metal Gen X'ers and Millennials are just as bad, if not worse. :lol:

I think most guitarists, regardless of generation or anything, are still very very conservative about specs and materials.

Don't think there's ever been a Horizon 3 with a hardtail bridge, it's TOM or Floyd. Which I don't get, I'm fairly sure 7-string folks usually prefer a Hipshot style bridge these days.

I'm not sure a flatmount would work on an H3. I've only held Original models with Floyds, but if my memory serves you'd have to mess with the carve fairly significantly to get something like a Hipshot to work.

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Indeed, and this might be just me, but Richlite is such an obvious answer to black fretboards. Similar to stainless steel frets. Some folks want traditional, but I think they're in the minority at this point plus there's plenty of choice for traditional things already.

Honestly, I've been at this for a looooooooong time, and metal Gen X'ers and Millennials are just as bad, if not worse. :lol:

I think most guitarists, regardless of generation or anything, are still very very conservative about specs and materials.

Indeed, but is it the market or the industry? Guitar development has been very moderate and slow.