New LITHIUM DAWN album! Fans of Porcupine Tree/Tool/Deftones/Riverside/Contortionist!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Rational Gaze, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Rational Gaze

Rational Gaze LithiumDawn Voicebox

What's up y'all. After several years, my band just put out our 3rd album, "Tearing Back the Veil II: Awakening", which completes a concept we have been messing with for awhile. We've worked on this puppy for a long time. It's got all kinds of vibes all over: Dub, some heavy 8 string grooves, pretty Porcupine Tree-ish passages, a few instrumentals, big harmony sections, and it generally likes to go all over the place and explore; no song on here sounds like the one before it. We also fully took advantage of incorporating some string sections in this one (real instruments ;) ), and had some friends show up, including the homie Plini. It's is extremely melodic, vibey, heavy and organic, and the bands I listed are probably a good amalgam of our sound.

Please check this thing out if you are able. We hope you enjoy it.

https://lithiumdawn.bandcamp.com/album/tearing-back-the-veil-ii-awakening
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    TonyFlyingSquirrel and curlyvice like this.
  2. curlyvice

curlyvice SS.org Regular

This is awesome stuff man. Love the sound you guys have and that Plini guest solo was fucking nice!

Rational Gaze likes this.
  3. Rational Gaze

Thank you kindly sir. Were you able to check out the whole thing?

4. curlyvice

curlyvice SS.org Regular

Still working on it. I listened to Sight Before Sound first because, ya know, Plini.
    I'm currently on Inverse and I think my favorite track thus far is Loose Ends. It's a great track to open with, very Karnivool-esque, especially the bass part.

5. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Read this the other day on Facebook, finally got a break between work and sleep to listen... not far in, so not much to say, but as expected, it sounds great so far. I loved Ascension, the melodies, the groove, the vocals, and it sounds like you continued from there. However... third record? I never knew there was a first one :D Which is kind of great, so now I have two new Lithium Dawn records to listen to. Yay!
    Does it remind anyone else of Vola, or am I just weird? :D

6. Rational Gaze

Thanks buddy. There is a bit of Karnivool/APC in that one. Glad you dig it!

7. Rational Gaze

Hey man, thanks so much. Well, we did write the two at the same time back in fall of 2012/winter 2013, so they were meant to feel kind of symbiotic.

And indeed, AION has been out for awhile. It's free too so snag it!!

8. Rational Gaze

You guys can additionally stream the record on our Youtube now as well. We have it coming to Spotify, etc. momentarily. Here is the whole playlist :)